Like Tree23Likes

Kayaking? Legally Exempt from Mask Requirement

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Tsang:
    I'm curious who's Karen. I'm immediately thinking about my prospective swim coach who I plan to learn Total Immersion with but now suspended due to restrictions.
    If you don't know what a Karen is by now, you have mis-understood...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wh9a3KX1Mqo
    shri and chuckster007 like this.

I think you confuse kayak with Karen. One is a useful vessel.

Quote Originally Posted by ArrynField:
    If you don't know what a Karen is by now, you have mis-understood...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wh9a3KX1Mqo

I was stopped by Marine Police last night while kayaking near the sea border for a routine ID check.

It a was confirmed with them that a kayak is private place. No problem for no mask.

Wait, I just realised under transport regulations, bicycles are private vehicles.

HK_Katherine likes this.

Absolutely, so is a tricycle.

It’s a private vehicle and space.

Moreover, if wearing a mask interferes with the safe operation of your vehicle (by fogging up your glasses), and this risks causing physical harm to you or others (by crashing) further grounds (CAP 599I 5A (3) (c)) to not wear one exist.

Also, as it is not illegal to gather for purpose of transportation, cycling in a group would seem to be legal. (CAP 599G Schedule 1 (Exemptions) 1.) A stretch? Maybe.

Resting after a group ride, one might argue, would be similar to stopping at a gas station.. A further stretch perhaps, but if 8 people can sit in a car without a mask between them...

Quote Originally Posted by greenmark:
    Wait, I just realised under transport regulations, bicycles are private vehicles.
    Last edited by hike; 01-08-2020 at 08:10 PM.

You see the distinction between public places and vessels/conveyances often. For example, CAP 232 (Police Powers) sec 54. uses “or” after stating “public place” when referring to vessels and conveyances.

If a police officer finds any person in any street or other public place, or on board any vessel, or in any conveyance, at any hour of the day or night, who acts in a suspicious manner, it shall be lawful for the police officer—

Quote Originally Posted by hike:
    You see the distinction between public places and vessels/conveyances often. For example, CAP 232 (Police Powers) sec 54. uses “or” after stating “public place” when referring to vessels and conveyances.

[FONT="]If a police officer finds any person in any street or other public place, or on board any vessel, or in any conveyance, at any hour of the day or night, who acts in a suspicious manner, it shall be lawful for the police [/FONT]officer—
    IN any conveyance, bikes are still a loophole
    hike likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by hike:
    but if 8 people can sit in a car without a mask between them...
    Saw someone post on FB that someone got a ticket for not wearing a mask while driving a car, not 100% sure if it was real or not but I thought it sounded BS. What do you think??

Good one. So now cyclists don’t need to stop for police, as they are neither in a conveyance or in a public place.

Quote Originally Posted by mrgoodkat:
    IN any conveyance, bikes are still a loophole

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast