Like Tree22Likes

Kayaking? Legally Exempt from Mask Requirement

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5

Quote Originally Posted by chuckster007:
    Seems FAKE as Feck lol

Then this person posted this

which was followed with this comment.

From the government's own FAQ, linked below.
    Note that the FAQ relates to regulation 599i, and not the latest regulation 599f. But I can't find any redefinition on what vehilces constitute private space within the full text of 599f.

Is private vehicle a public place and whether the driver and passenger therein are subject to the mandatory mask-wearing requirement?
    Generally speaking, private vehicles for personal use, if they are not available for hire by the general public and a person may not gain access to the vehicle for the time being as a member of the public, are not regarded as public place where wearing masks is required under the Regulation. In any case, drivers and passengers should wear masks as far as possible for prevention of the spread of disease.

https://www.coronavirus.gov.hk/eng/p...-faq.html#FAQ7
    chuckster007 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by hike:
    They are issuing tickets but police aren’t everywhere all the time.

Most of the illegally parked cars you see are not ticketed but it doesn’t mean police don’t ticket.
    Yes, but do you know anyone (or of any cases) of runners/exercisers getting tickets?

its interesting that so many of you still think there is a rule of law here.

Note how they say vehicles, so that would include bicycles and tricycles.

Quote Originally Posted by greenmark:
    From the government's own FAQ, linked below.
    Note that the FAQ relates to regulation 599i, and not the latest regulation 599f. But I can't find any redefinition on what vehilces constitute private space within the full text of 599f.

Is private vehicle a public place and whether the driver and passenger therein are subject to the mandatory mask-wearing requirement?
    Generally speaking, private vehicles for personal use, if they are not available for hire by the general public and a person may not gain access to the vehicle for the time being as a member of the public, are not regarded as public place where wearing masks is required under the Regulation. In any case, drivers and passengers should wear masks as far as possible for prevention of the spread of disease.

https://www.coronavirus.gov.hk/eng/p...-faq.html#FAQ7

There certainly is rule of law in HK. Perhaps even too much so. There are far too many regulations for silly things like playing with a beach ball at the beach or riding on the sidewalk for 5-10m where bike lanes pause...

Please don’t throw a brick at me for believing so.

Quote Originally Posted by aquaman:
    its interesting that so many of you still think there is a rule of law here.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5