HK Surfers...How to get my board to Tai Long Wan?

HK Surfers...How to get my board to Tai Long Wan?

Hey,

I have a 7'6" board that won't fit into a taxi...I need to transport it at least as far as Wong Shek Pier.
    Does anyone know of a "man with a van" who has the authorisation to drive through the national park to Wong Shek Pier???
    Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks

I've seen guys getting on the bus to Wong Shek with surf boards before.

You could always get a speedboat from Sai Kung public pier - cost may 400 to 500 bucks though.

The only other thing I can recommend is to contact the owner at Hoi Fung store in Ham Tin Wan (Tel: 2328 2315). It's a noodle place that does board rental as well - just not sure how long they are. No harm in phoning them up and asking. They also organise kaido trips there - but the catch is you need at least 8 people (cost is $100 per head, minimum charge of $800), so you will need to find some other buddies headed out that way to share the cost.

Last edited by Pekkerhead; 06-12-2008 at 03:14 PM.

Smile

u should be ok with bus - just avoid rush hour (sunday)

Quote Originally Posted by iferg:
    u should be ok with bus - just avoid rush hour (sunday)
    I really dont think they will allow a 7Ft 6Inches tall surfboard on a bus, the smaller short boards ok but not such a long board.

I think they will allow vans to enter the park area for deliveries.

A long board might actually be useful out there. It's really not worth keeping anything shorter out there- Big Wave Bay is a misnomer