Like Tree17Likes

Dog in Reservoir

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

What sort of question is that? Your dog, your responsibility. If you can't control your dog get a leash.

Riding a bike in the forbidden area gets you a charge and you need to appear in court. No fixed penalty. I know a case, court given penalty was $320. They got me once, but I just got a warning.

Several examples of reservoirs being emptied - at great expense - because of deliberate "tainting", e.g. this one:

The urine poses little risk – animals routinely deposit waste without creating a public health crisis – but Shaff said he doesn't want to serve water that was deliberately tainted.

"There is at least a perceived difference from my perspective," Shaff said. "I could be wrong on that, but the reality is our customers don't anticipate drinking water that's been contaminated by some yahoo who decided to pee into a reservoir."
    https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...ates-reservoir

Quote Originally Posted by Elefant&Castle:
    Several examples of reservoirs being emptied - at great expense - because of deliberate "tainting", e.g. this one:

https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...ates-reservoir
    Would love to see the science on that, as it says "perceived ". What about all the fish dying and rotting in the reservoir? What about all the bird crap in the water? Is Hong Kong is a desperately poor third world country and is unable to afford to treat water?

I see so many bikes on trails here in Lantau, it's quite annoying at times because the path is quite narrow and they're swirling around.

The worst is these groups of locals who like doing stuff only if it's a group of at least 30 people, so you have to wait until they all pass through it's annoying. I wish the police would enforce that to be honest.