Like Tree39Likes

World golf GOAT goes down

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Aramis:
    An SUV has greater ground clearance which can be useful and if you're going to hit a deer or even worse, a moose being in a higher vehicle can save your life.
    And when you're hitting a pedestrian, SUVs make sure you properly mow him/her down, with lower cars there's an increased chance of the person landing on the hood, so potentially surviving that crash.
    Skyhook likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by mucaari:
    And when you're hitting a pedestrian, SUVs make sure you properly mow him/her down, with lower cars there's an increased chance of the person landing on the hood, so potentially surviving that crash.
    Doubtful conclusion and irrelevant when talking about the safety of the vehicle

Doubtful conclusion and irrelevant when talking about the safety of the vehicle
    Yeah who cares about other people's safety!
    https://www.iihs.org/news/detail/new...ians-than-cars

Quote Originally Posted by ByeByeEngland:
    Seemingly not the only one here who things he is the GOAT. I can think of another 4 letter word ending in T to describe him and he will this leave world at some stage with a legacy stating he should have been the GOAT but failed.
    What's your beef with the Golden Bear?

Most simple determination of who is the GOAT. How many majors have the Golden Bear won? How many have Tiger won? I rest my case.

Quote Originally Posted by mucaari:
    Yeah who cares about other people's safety!
    As I said earlier, perhaps instead of vilifying one particular type of vehicle, it's better to assess its use and where you are. Each vehicle has its pros and cons. Cars are in my opinion generally more appropriate for urban areas which is where you would be most likely to hit pedestrians.

I don't know too many people that buy vehicles with strangers in mind. Do you? But you know what if you want to buy cars to save the pedestrians that you might hit, you go right ahead and do whatever you like sweetheart.

Quote Originally Posted by Skyhook:
    This is why I don't like SUV's and their high centre of gravity that is prone to roll over in accidents or at the end of their handling limit, compared to a lower slung conventional station wagon, which has always been my preference since we had children. Basically, they are bad handling HIGH riding station wagons. Which is why I talked my wife out of getting one again and to not be a sheep like the other soccer mums who ' have ' to have an SUV. SUV's really are the fat elephant on roller skates of vehicles with A LOT less cabin/cargo space too. Factor in the stupidly large wheel diameters that these stupid vehicles use that really are useless off road ( ask anybody that goes off road in a proper 4wd they'll tell you that 15 inch wheels with high side walled tyres are the best for that application ) They're a stupidly 'marketed' vehicle design in my opinion.

Hope Tiger recovers from his injuries as that would have been a pretty hectic experience, no car accident is ever fun.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Critic...ility_vehicles

There is a HUGE amount of info online about the SUV roll over issue. It's nothing new, but it just surprises me that especially women, like these high riding vehicles that will require more concentration to drive etc compared to a conventional road car.
    There are some great handling SUV's out there nowadays - Porsche, Aston Martin, Lamborghini, Alfa Romeo, BMW. Some of these (in fact most) will out handle an average 'Station Wagon' with ease (Probably doesn't apply to your average American SUV though!)

Quote Originally Posted by Coolboy:
    What's your beef with the Golden Bear?

Most simple determination of who is the GOAT. How many majors have the Golden Bear won? How many have Tiger won? I rest my case.
    Sorry if the wires are crossed my ire is definitely directed towards Tiger
    Coolboy likes this.

Well, the Hyundai has "Genesis Invitational" right on the door- lucky for Tiger, the tournament ended on Sunday, the 21st...

Branding!

As I said earlier, perhaps instead of vilifying one particular type of vehicle, it's better to assess its use and where you are. Each vehicle has its pros and cons. Cars are in my opinion generally more appropriate for urban areas which is where you would be most likely to hit pedestrians.

I don't know too many people that buy vehicles with strangers in mind. Do you? But you know what if you want to buy cars to save the pedestrians that you might hit, you go right ahead and do whatever you like sweetheart.
    Been drinking again?
    TheBrit likes this.

Some good news for him, it appears that he was clean when driving. The list of injuries is extensive and he may have played his last PGA tournament. I don't like the guy but I do hope he can recover.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/w...-b1806523.html

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast