Like Tree7Likes

Goji Closes & Physical Takes Over Memberships

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Goji Closes & Physical Takes Over Memberships

Goji has closed down as of today unfortunately

But it seems members will be able to transfer their memberships to Physical, not sure how this is gonna work. I'm guessing may need to sign a renewed agreement or sth

feeling sorry for all these people who bought all these long term plans. Physical will be absolutely packed

This is why you never buy long term memberships in these shady gyms. I learnt the lesson the hard way with California. GOJI is essentially California rebranded and the end result is essentially the same as California. Pocket peoples money and go bust.

Cannot believe they managed to pull off this same stunt 5 year later... It should be illegal to sell future services without withholding guarantee cash for rent, operations, etc.

To be fair it's a great initiative to get another gym chain to honour the memberships, I'm sure some of them will renew & it's like a win-win

I do know that physical is kindof a bad gym in many ways but they've got 25 locations, I can go to one in my local area

On the subject of new potential gyms I'm tempted to join k11 musea but I heard that's kinda packed & esp with a lot of instagrammers

JAherbert and aw451 like this.

oh no looks like my physical gym will be more packed than it is

on another note I don't know how physical is still surviving all this while

Quote Originally Posted by SonicYouth1:
    To be fair it's a great initiative to get another gym chain to honour the memberships, I'm sure some of them will renew & it's like a win-win

I do know that physical is kindof a bad gym in many ways but they've got 25 locations, I can go to one in my local area

On the subject of new potential gyms I'm tempted to join k11 musea but I heard that's kinda packed & esp with a lot of instagrammers
    Great initiative? Can I sell you some oranges and then end up giving you bananas? Physical is the lowest quality chain gym in HK. While Goji is suppose to be "mid tier".

Not only does this approach impact GOJI members, it impacts Physical members.

This issue should have never happened TWICE. The California bankruptcy was a complete scam that was made public with no one charged or made accountable.
    aw451 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by D.YU:
    Great initiative? Can I sell you some oranges and then end up giving you bananas? Physical is the lowest quality chain gym in HK. While Goji is suppose to be "mid tier".

Not only does this approach impact GOJI members, it impacts Physical members.

This issue should have never happened TWICE. The California bankruptcy was a complete scam that was made public with no one charged or made accountable.
    Goji really varies by branch, more so than any other gym chain I've been to. When you go to Central branch or mong Kok it's comparable to Pure whereas the others are still good but perhaps overall similar to a Physical branch.

Incidentally Pure mong Kok really feels like Goji or worse with how crowded it is & kinda pokey

Some of the newer Physicals are pretty decent

Quote Originally Posted by SonicYouth1:
    Goji really varies by branch, more so than any other gym chain I've been to. When you go to Central branch or mong Kok it's comparable to Pure whereas the others are still good but perhaps overall similar to a Physical branch.

Incidentally Pure mong Kok really feels like Goji or worse with how crowded it is & kinda pokey

Some of the newer Physicals are pretty decent
    Regardless, these types of business models need to be regulated. I should not be able to "sell" you 5 years of service with 0 reserves. And if things go south, bankruptcy of the business means no accountability for the owners/directors.

I go to 247Fitness for the fact that its all monthly billing. Regardless of contract, they cannot bill you in advance. Hence, if they close shop, the maximum loss sustained by customers is 1 month

Quote Originally Posted by D.YU:
    Regardless, these types of business models need to be regulated. I should not be able to "sell" you 5 years of service with 0 reserves. And if things go south, bankruptcy of the business means no accountability for the owners/directors.

I go to 247Fitness for the fact that its all monthly billing. Regardless of contract, they cannot bill you in advance. Hence, if they close shop, the maximum loss sustained by customers is 1 month
    I'm sitting pretty once again, having not renewed my Goji Membership in Sept when it expired, but i has to be said, all gym goers lose out when a major chain goes under.

How much do you pay at 24/7 @D.YU?

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast