Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Flapster

Running Coach (online or in person)

Closed Thread

Running Coach (online or in person)

Hi all,

Wondering if anyone has a recommendation for an online running coach?

Looking for someone to help with training plan plus strength and conditioning.

Can also do in person here in HK but needs to be relatively cost effective.

Thanks!

Have you tried Nike Run+ . . . Price is right . . . start there. Various running watches (i.e Polar) have running programs as part of the app/watch features.

Here are a couple of others . . .

https://strengthrunning.com/

https://www.mcmillanrunning.com/

You can also sign up for a (virtual) race and often times the race organizers will provide training programs. Have you connected w/any HK run clubs?

What are your running goals? Tarmac? Hills? Triathlon? Marathon?
    Language preference?
    Do you prefer lesson plans which you have the discipline to track progress? Or to accompany throughout your training hours (in person/online)

Thanks, but looking for something a bit more tailored.

Sorry, some context might help.

I currently run 40 - 60k per week with a mix of long steady runs, tempo runs and speed/hill work. I mainly run however, with not much strength work to support it. And I just do what run I feel like on any given day without a clear strategy.

I did half of the Wilson Trail a couple of weeks ago and was quite tired by the end due to lack of strength training for the hills (have run the other 3 big trails in HK already). I am looking for a coach to help with structure. I have the discipline to follow a plan created after a zoom meeting to chat about my current situation and goals.

Not much else to do in HK at the moment so may as well try and take my running to the next level.

English language required :-)

Try Gone Running coaches - it'd be a good start - you can see on their website what they offer.

greenmark likes this.

Run with Meg has lots of programs and you can do a 1-1 with her (not cheap)
    https://www.runwithmeg.com/

Am not a runner but decided to challenge myself and sign up for a 5K. She's a fantastic coach - she covers stride, breathing, strength.

You need a bit more than regular body weight strength training. Definitely with plates. What’s the hourly budget? Preferred training district?

Last edited by VillanElle; 22-02-2022 at 05:01 PM. Reason: Missing words

Hello,

I’m a physiotherapist and a strength and con coach. I’m definitely more than happy to help you through online or in person sessions. I definitely agree with what others shag said, you likely need more strengthening. Which can be done at the gym (once it’s open) or using a mail equipments at home.

If you’re interested send me a message then we can work something out.