Like Tree18Likes

Beautiful but accessible hike in Sai Kung / Clearwater Bay?

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Can recommend bus #94, through the Country Park to To Kwa Peng. Exit there and hike down the hill to cross trail to the left, maybe 2 km. Turn along that trail to Wong Shek Pier.

Pretty remote, as i recall it. Once at Wong Shek can grab ferry to Grass Island, have lunch, ferry back, return on 94.

https://wikiroutes.info/en/hong-kong?routes=55079

look at the map provided.

Quote Originally Posted by ByeByeEngland:
    I could be wrong but it may be that the ferry is currently suspended. Don’t quote me on it as I keep forgetting to check on my lunchtime walks and I’m not going into SK today. Definitely well worth a visit as is Grass Island (Tap Mun) which is a bit of a journey but we’ll worth it.

Another non local option for you but a decent day out. you should definitely start with food BB Happy Store in Luk Keng. How far you go is up to you but Yung Shue Au and back is doable and the vast majority of the first bit is flat but scenic.. Getting to So Lo Pun is a bit more challenging with young kids. I want to do it again and continue to Lai Chi Wo then get a ferry back to SK which I think is Sunday only. I did minibus from Fanlimg and the walk to So Lo Pun and back.

https://zolimacitymag.com/the-ghost-...a-settlements/
    Even if the official "Kai To" is suspended from service, there are still those little speedboats zipping about. The "unwritten/illegal rule" is that if you pay them enough $ they will look the other way to get you to the islands. Not that I am advocating anyone here to break social distancing measure of course, just observing that money talks.

As for Tap Mun and Luk Keng, agree they are great places, I've been to both, but not recently, would be nice to visit there again...eventually.
    Last edited by Coolboy; 05-04-2022 at 08:07 AM.

I checked on the way to pick up bus this morning ring. Yim Tin ferry definitely running !!!

I’ve just finished this in reverse (from Po Lo Che) but here’s another nice option for you.

get 99 bus from Sai Kung to Heng on. Head up Ma On Shan Tseun Road. The first bit is pretty not dissimilar to the road from Chevalier Gardens but definitely nicer. Stop off at where it says MOS 240L Mile Entrance (Google Maps). EXACTLY there is a short path leading to one of the old entrances to MOS Tin mine. Some people went in. I want to do that but I would come back with old shoes and clothes to do so. You could at least take pictures here. Back to the path and past the old mining village and I wouldn’t mind betting some of the locals either worked the mines or are descendants.

Then you get to to tough part. The steps up to intersect with Mac 4 and not much further into the plateau where they launch the paragliding. I’d say about 20 tents camped up overnight. The views are fabulous here and on the descent down to Po Lo Che (certainly better than the Pak Kong way).

I nearly did Pyramid Hill but one of my ankles isn’t 100 per cent so saving that one for better days.

Hiking is fabulous and so much better when you finish it before the heat kicks in! I’ll be home by 11 second shower of the day and still so much of it left.

Just looked at the Map again. I think if I did it in reverse I’d probably get off bus at Wu Kai Sha MTR