Like Tree11Likes

NowTV lands Qatar World Cup rights

Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
  1. #11

    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    3,146
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom007:
    Confirmed the NowTV early bird offer today. 280HKD one off payment ( will be added on the next bill ) All 64 matches - live
    I still cant get over the fact you have to pay for it. No way.

  2. #12

    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Pampanga, Philippines
    Posts
    27,643
    Quote Originally Posted by Trance Omega:
    I still cant get over the fact you have to pay for it. No way.
    Here in Philippines they are actually going to televise the world cup but only if you pay. About HKD 250. Won't be bothering. Will be interesting what the take up will be, mostly foreigners I would imagine.
    Tom007 likes this.

  3. #13

    I seem to remember you could buy a 'world cup only' subscription during the last world cup. I dont think I did and went down the vpn route, but it was really annoying as that meant i had a bit of a lag and my whatsapp groups with mates overseas would spoil everything! :-)


  4. #14

    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    3,146

    I have used smartdns for around 8 years now. No problem with lag and 99% of tv watched is via this way, our NOW tv box is just for the bedroom to watch news channels only. No other channels are watched on it.
    Have ESPN for the F1, Peacock for the premier league games and then for others like the women's euros it was BBC or ITV players which are free.


  5. #15

    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    15,739
    Quote Originally Posted by Trance Omega:
    I have used smartdns for around 8 years now. No problem with lag and 99% of tv watched is via this way, our NOW tv box is just for the bedroom to watch news channels only. No other channels are watched on it.
    Have ESPN for the F1, Peacock for the premier league games and then for others like the women's euros it was BBC or ITV players which are free.
    8 years ago didn’t you travel to Brazil for the World Cup or was it another GeoExpat member?
    Shiojiri Hiro likes this.

  6. #16

    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    3,146
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom007:
    8 years ago didn’t you travel to Brazil for the World Cup or was it another GeoExpat member?
    Yes I went to South Africa and Brazil for the world cup. Didnt bother with Russia and didnt get tickets for Qatar not that I really made an effort.
    Shiojiri Hiro likes this.

  7. #17

    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    15,739

    Designated NowTV World Cup channels are 618, 619

    shri likes this.

Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2