Like Tree4Likes

How expensive is golf in HK?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by jobin:
    And regards HK Golf Club, near Fanling, yes pay US$1 million, or more, and wait 13 years, or more.
    My company owns a couple. Last offer to buy (unsolicited) was HK$17.1m

Quote Originally Posted by Fiona in HKG:
    My company owns a couple. Last offer to buy (unsolicited) was HK$17.1m
    That is probably crazier than the property, car parking and taxi licence prices.
    Fiona in HKG likes this.

"Ah yes the US travel advisory now puts China on the same level as the UK and France. Two very dangerous places that one should avoid"

ouch yes, murder rate in the USA is about 5x that in the UK or France, rape rate 50% more than in the UK or France, also in those countries no secret jail all over the world (e.g. in Poland, Romania) where anything can be done in full secrecy incl torture etc.

"Mr Bush said the CIA had used an "alternative set of procedures", agreed with the justice department, once suspects had stopped talking."
    Love that quote. "alternative set of procedues once they stop talking"

Country of human rights my a**e, guns everywhere (incl in the hands of lunatics and kids) with very little safety compared to most developed countries.

Drunken Master likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by hullexile:
    That is probably crazier than the property, car parking and taxi licence prices.
    Purchased in 1974 for 50k each

Even in USA i doubt many murders on golf courses. Further news regarding china cops grabbing aliens off the streets is that the grab rate greatly increases if you have any chinese ancestry.

So if you look han, watch out.

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/11/25/u...-exit-ban.html

LOL yes it's expensive, but an occasional round is OK.
    Clubs: yes keep them. Pretty expensive to get clubs in HK. Better to have your own set and replace as you want.
    Easiest Option: Kau Sai Chau - just have a GHIN handicap ready, and you can register first as well. You want to make a booking as it gets quite busy on weekends.
    Easy option for weekdays - Due to the ongoing struggles with the land, Hong Kong Golf Club is much more available during weekdays. If you go on their website you can also register yourself and make weekday bookings.
    China - I'm sure this is quite and adventure for foreigners. IMO it's not worth the trouble, unless you are staying over a night or two. There are ways to make it more reasonable time wise, but expensive.
    There are some indoor places where you can play a simulated 18 holes if you want. Driving ranges are pretty lame here.

Where are you living in the new territories?. You'll find that it's quite large. However, if you live in Sheung Sui or Tai Po or thereabouts, you're not far from the HKGC, and their range is open till 10pm. I think the nicest range in Hong Kong.
    https://www.hkgolfclub.org/cms/cours...g/night-range/

TheBrit and shri like this.

You can play HK golf Club (and Discovery Bay) during weekday but it's over 1100HKD (1900HKD without HKID) and each foursome must have at least one caddie which adds at least 300HKD and a cart will add another 330HKD. A round at KSC can be half that including cart.

If you are not fussy, copy clubs can be bought in China very cheaply for less than 2K including bags and everything. I remember a bunch of colleagues ordering 20 bags one time from Shenzhen delivered at our workplace. They are decent enough if you are a social player with a mid or high handicap and your swing speed below 100mph(170yd or less with a 6). I had a friend who bought a set every year then took it back home, played a few times then sold it for more than he had paid. Another who is a bit shady had them "stolen" and used pictures to claim a new set of real Ping on his insurance.

I don't know why people keep bringing up copy clubs as an option. For one, used clubs are pretty cheap. You don't need nice clubs to be good at golf. Most good golfers I know just don't have the latest shiny clubs. Why would you want copy clubs where you might have issues but it was just the club and not the indian (yes on rare occasions like this it could be true). I've seen them before on Taobao. I think if you want to experiment OK sure it's your money, but don't use as your main set if you have nothing to compare it to. The lofts might be wrong, swing weight inconsistent, shafts troublesome, etc etc.

Simply because they are an option, you might not like it but others may. I tried them and sold them at a profit, it wasn't for me, I prefer stiffer steel shafts but virtually all the people I know(and there are many) who bought them were reasonably satisfied considering the price and those that weren't had no trouble selling them.

Quote Originally Posted by Golem:
    Simply because they are an option, you might not like it but others may. I tried them and sold them at a profit, it wasn't for me, I prefer stiffer steel shafts but virtually all the people I know(and there are many) who bought them were reasonably satisfied considering the price and those that weren't had no trouble selling them.
    Yeah I guess it's personal opinion whether to support counterfeit goods, but putting that aside, when you sold them even specifying as counterfeit you still made a profit and had no trouble selling them?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast