Like Tree14Likes

Physical Fitness HK you get what you pay for

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Physical Fitness HK you get what you pay for

Seen a few threads over the years about Physical Fitness and if it's worth joining, I joined during lock down when they were desperate I guess and paid 5400 hkd for 6 years! At the time I thought that's a bargain and I'm 2 years in now so basically got my moneys worth no matter if they shut down or i leave hk.

But it's become so shit lately that even at 100hkd a month it's probably not worth it. They closed Yuen Long branch and just the other day the Amoy Gardens branch, 2 locations that's convenient for me, but the Wan Chai branch still open so that's convenient for work. Today I went to the mk branch and half their equipment doesn't work, half the showers out of order and the ones that were working had no shower gel! So there was naked guys walking around looking for a spare cubicle lol!

It's the most ghetto gym chain on the planet and the so many staff walking around looking for PT victims is a joke... It seems like they might shut down soon if they can't afford to replace equipment or refill shower gel! So keep that in mind if you're tempted by their silly offers. It's stupid to pay Pure Fitness prices just to see girls taking selfies but this is the opposite end of the spectrum!

24/7 fitness at 500 for a 12mth contract is good, plenty of locations and most gyms are newly opened within the past 2 yrs

it is a pretty shxt gym. a gym without a squat rack is a mickey mouse gym.

doubt it closes though, no other gyms this cheap after California fitness and goji closed.

ghetto gym is the best place to actually train

The smart money is pay as you go. The high rent here has pushed a lot of business out of business and once membership drops, the place will cease operating very quickly. Join a club or government operated facilities if possible.

I am on Snap Fitness HKD 588 per month 12m contract for the only reason that I can use it worldwide (and they have gyms in the locations I visit in US and CA). In hindsight, I should have gone for Anytime Fitness (again, same reason worldwide access at HKD 500 per month 12m contract). Pre-covid I was on roll with Waterfront at Olympic - was pretty good for 300 pm but then I moved and it is a bit far for me.

Snap is okay, equipment works, showers are fairly clean, doesn't get too crowded. I mostly visit Wan Chai but have also been to the Prince Edward and Mei Foo branch.

Cheeky Kiwi likes this.

The no-contract monthly fee for the majority of 24/7 gyms is a bit higher, but worth it in my opinion.

Physical will soon die out. It is just a gym for high school kids and uncles nowadays. I was at the Yuen Long one before it closed down. Highly recommend GO24 or Fit24 in YL if you are still looking for a gym.

Yeah but I'm a cheap skate lol... 500 a month is above my budget for a gym I only use once a week. I got 4 more years left on Physical if I'm still here in the country... The Wan Chai and CWB physicals are OK... But the more they close down branches then the more crowded the others will be. Telford is a mess now that Amoy has closed. It's literally people queueing for equipment lol. But still at about 80 hkd a month for 6 years I can't really complain. You really do get what you pay for in life.

On the flip side I'll happily give them my money if they ever come to HK:

https://www.equinox.com/

I'll probably spend all my free time there...

Beanieskis likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Cheeky Kiwi:
    On the flip side I'll happily give them my money if they ever come to HK:

https://www.equinox.com/

I'll probably spend all my free time there...
    And your whole months wages? Lol. That probably looks like they'll charge 10k a month?

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast