Looking for a fitness buddy

Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
  1. #11

    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Hong Kong
    Posts
    6,375

    Where do you work out? I work out at Fitness First Sheung Wan and haven't been in about three months because of work/university/martial arts. I can't work out the day before I go to my silat class because I need the strength for the grueling two hour sessions I'm put through, but I really want to make time for lifting weights and doing some heavy bag work too!


  2. #12

    I think my diet is not clean enough, that is what I really think it is ............


  3. #13

    Smile

    I go to pure fitness, but I also have a gym in the building I live in.
    So depends on my mood


  4. #14

    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Park Island
    Posts
    807
    Quote Originally Posted by Chandra Bogaert:
    I think my diet is not clean enough, that is what I really think it is ............

    I almost guarentee that your diet isn't as good as it should/could be, but that's only half of your problem I think...

    You say you want to build more muscle right? So where is your logic in spending an hour and half in the gym whereby you spend half the time ( i suspect) doing cardio? Why are you doing this?

    BTW I do not intend to come across shitty with you, but I think that you need to ask yourself the questions (you do claim to ahve a lot of knowledge after all!) rather than be spoon fed the answers....

  5. #15

    Wel in order to burn fat wich is hampering my progress too I will need to do cardio....I am not only looking to build muscle only because that is a different training method all together . 45 minutes of cardio is enough in your daily or every other day routine to burn the fat. I am by no means fat or overweight but everybody that knows about fitness will tell you that clean eating comes first and cardio is for fat loss ( most peple have it, even the skinny ones)and weights is for fatloss/definition. Unless you know something I do not......In order to build muscle I will need a better diet, but my problem now is the alcohol( was not an issue before), and my sweet tooth. I know what my problems are, I am not looking for someone to point out more issues perse....I am looking for someone who likes the gym and wouldn't mind encouraging/motivating each other.

    My weight training regimine is pretty straight forward with everything I have learnt from my trainers and through friends that enjoy fitness( outside of hk)


  6. #16

    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Park Island
    Posts
    807
    Quote Originally Posted by Chandra Bogaert:
    Wel in order to burn fat wich is hampering my progress too I will need to do cardio....I am not only looking to build muscle only because that is a different training method all together . 45 minutes of cardio is enough in your daily or every other day routine to burn the fat. I am by no means fat or overweight but everybody that knows about fitness will tell you that clean eating comes first and cardio is for fat loss ( most peple have it, even the skinny ones)and weights is for fatloss/definition. Unless you know something I do not......In order to build muscle I will need a better diet, but my problem now is the alcohol( was not an issue before), and my sweet tooth. I know what my problems are, I am not looking for someone to point out more issues perse....I am looking for someone who likes the gym and wouldn't mind encouraging/motivating each other.

    My weight training regimine is pretty straight forward with everything I have learnt from my trainers and through friends that enjoy fitness( outside of hk)
    hmmm, as i suspected the usual school-boy errors and beliefs. I suspect that I may well 'know alot that you do not' - which is why I have the body composition I want, and whilst I know that this can only come across as arrogant, but its not meant to be - that I have the body composition that you would like too (from what I can ascertain from you posts), that single digit body fat and 75kg at 5ft 8, which isn't exactly 'skinny'...

    As you say, you don't want advise...but just something for you to consider...I do absolutely no steady state cardio. I lift weights 30mins a day 4 days a week...I must be doing something right!

    One last point...by self admission, your stuck in a rut - why not try something different? Drop your workouts to 30-45mins, drop the cardio and instead squat, deadlift, bench, row, press and pull ups...8 weeks - you'll look a lot different (provided your diet is right) guaranteed.
    Last edited by DanielandHayley; 17-12-2008 at 03:45 PM.

  7. #17

    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Quarry Bay
    Posts
    43

    Oh Jesus Christ, let her be!

    I know exactly what you are talking about because the same thing happened to me when I moved here. I use to be at the gym all the time but since I have moved here I have also fallen to temptation, especially with the drinking, and have lost my motivation. It sounds like we are in the same boat.


  8. #18

    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Quarry Bay
    Posts
    43

    I do have to admit though, he is right about the weight lifting, it can do wonders. But it is best to have a mixture of weight training with your cardio.


  9. #19

    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Hong Kong
    Posts
    6,375
    Quote Originally Posted by Selenakyal27:
    I do have to admit though, he is right about the weight lifting, it can do wonders. But it is best to have a mixture of weight training with your cardio.
    Agreed. Then eat clean.

Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2