Like Tree2Likes

LIV Golf HK 8-10 March 2024

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

LIV Golf HK 8-10 March 2024

Is it just me or is the advertising for this event non-existent? If I didn't go look up the 2024 LIV schedule after hearing a rumour then I wouldn't have known about this. Haven't seen any advertising around HK.

Anyway, who is going? Hopefully all the big names show up. Dunno when HK will host a golf tournament as big as this again so will try my best to be there.

It's not a big tournament. It's a meaningless abomination. As my old dad would say I wouldn't watch it if they were playing in the back garden.

newhkpr likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by paddylast:
    It's not a big tournament. It's a meaningless abomination. As my old dad would say I wouldn't watch it if they were playing in the back garden.
    Why do people on online forums always feel the burning desire to voice their unasked derogatory opinions on topics they have no interest in?

If you live in HK and follow golf then this is as big an event as the city can attract. Doubt a tour which can afford to sign a single player for USD 600 million is meaningless.

Quote Originally Posted by Crankshaft:
    . Doubt a tour which can afford to sign a single player for USD 600 million is meaningless.
    And they almost own the PGA..

Quote Originally Posted by shri:
    And they almost own the PGA..
    Name:  IMG_20240102_211055.jpg
Views: 238
Size:  212.0 KB

Why do people on online forums always feel the burning desire to voice their unasked derogatory opinions on topics they have no interest in?

If you live in HK and follow golf then this is as big an event as the city can attract. Doubt a tour which can afford to sign a single player for USD 600 million is meaningless.
    I love golf and anyone who knows anything about the game knows it's a meaningless tournament. They might still attend to see some good players but I don't think anyone above the age of 14 (even in HK) would be fooled into thinking the tournament was a significant date on the golfing calendar.

Quote Originally Posted by paddylast:
    I love golf and anyone who knows anything about the game knows it's a meaningless tournament. They might still attend to see some good players but I don't think anyone above the age of 14 (even in HK) would be fooled into thinking the tournament was a significant date on the golfing calendar.
    Are you Brandel Chamblee?

Whether you think it's globally significant or not doesn't matter. Whichever way you look at it, it is a big golf tournament in HK terms, which is what I meant. If you wanna see a good chunk of the best in the world in HK then this is probably gonna be your only chance.

Are you Brandel Chamblee?

Whether you think it's globally significant or not doesn't matter. Whichever way you look at it, it is a big golf tournament in HK terms, which is what I meant. If you wanna see a good chunk of the best in the world in HK then this is probably gonna be your only chance.
    If that is what you meant fair enough. It's not as if there's much to compare it to in HK. The last sentence of your opening post suggested to me you thought it was a big event in the world of golf, and that's why I replied as I did.

In addition, I believe that the players who signed up to LIV have no choice but to turn up, so I'm sure you won't be disappointed.
    Crankshaft likes this.

Is it just me or is the advertising for this event non-existent? If I didn't go look up the 2024 LIV schedule after hearing a rumour then I wouldn't have known about this. Haven't seen any advertising around HK.

Anyway, who is going? Hopefully all the big names show up. Dunno when HK will host a golf tournament as big as this again so will try my best to be there.
    I am looking forward to it. Can't wait to see Phil, Rahm, Brooks, DJ, Cam and rest of the field. By the way, did anyone know why NowTV this year does not carry LIV Golf broadcast anymore? Last season was broadcasted on SPOTV channel, but this year I cannot find it on TV schedule.

Quote Originally Posted by zhyue:
    I am looking forward to it. Can't wait to see Phil, Rahm, Brooks, DJ, Cam and rest of the field. By the way, did anyone know why NowTV this year does not carry LIV Golf broadcast anymore? Last season was broadcasted on SPOTV channel, but this year I cannot find it on TV schedule.
    I've never been too big a fan of Bryson, but would like to see him bomb some drives in person.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast