Like Tree9Likes
  • 5 Post By drumbrake
  • 1 Post By hullexile
  • 1 Post By Trance Omega
  • 2 Post By Skyhook

Monkies in Sai Kung

Monkies in Sai Kung

Hiking around the reservoir in Sai Kung a couple of days we found a family of monkies, and could hear more in the trees/cliffs nearby.

Is this new? I've never seen monkies this far east before, have they recently emigrated from gold hill / Wong Tai sin temple area or did I just miss them before?

Is micky dolenz in Hong Kong?

Hey, hey ...

emx, shri, jimbo and 2 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by drumbrake:
    Is micky dolenz in Hong Kong?

Hey, hey ...
    That is what immediately came into my mind "hey hey we're the monkies". Obviously engraved in my memory.
    chingleutsch likes this.

I've seen monkeys about every day for the past two weeks. First in the Sai Keng area, then even closer, in the O Tau area, and this week already at the roundabout between Sai Sha Rd and Tai Mong Tsai Rd.

Yesterday we saw a large group along the road to Wong Shek Pier, but it's another story.

When i used to live in Clear Water Bay, just past Silverstrand roundabout I saw a massive one walking along the guardrail, this was many years ago. They are out n about

We had a troop of Monkeys that lived in trees that surrounded our village. This time of year they used to toss our outdoor furniture around on our roof top!
    Plus, we had to be mindful not to leave the ground floor kitchen window unattended as the monkeys would send one down who would steal things off our window ledge. One used to sit on the bin of our bus stop when I took the kids to school some mornings. All part of the fun of living in Sai King, the Monkeys, Barking dear, porcupines, civet cats, wild boars, cows and various snakes.

Great fun, if you like wild life

Grinnie Jax and chuckster007 like this.

I have seen them as far as Long Kee Wan beach. We used to get them in our garden in Tsam Chuk Wan village and also along Tai Mong Tsai road. Nothing new and been there ever since we been there.

GentleGeorge likes this.

What about the Monkeys on GeoExpat?

Quote Originally Posted by Skyhook:
    All part of the fun of living in Sai King, the Monkeys, Barking dear, porcupines, civet cats, wild boars, cows and various snakes.

Great fun, if you like wild life
    Emu sightings in Yuen Long.

https://www.thestandard.com.hk/break...e-in-Yuen-Long

They are coming for you... Will soon be spotted riding around Sai Kung on Yeun Long emus

https://youtu.be/Kdr5oedn7q8?si=3gP_y7kXHN6bbetl