Racquetball in Hong Kong

Closed Thread

Racquetball in Hong Kong

Hi,

Does anyone know if there are racquetball courts here in Hong Kong? I have done a bit of googling and came up pretty empty.

That being said, if there are courts out there, are there any players out there interested in playing a game now and then?

Thanks

Hi-

I have been looking for a court for a while as well, but I haven't had any luck. I would love to play if you find anything

Ben

Racquetball

If you have found racquetball courts let me know- i move to HK in July and I will go nuts if I don't get to play.

I'be shocked if there were any in HK. The sport of choice when it comes to indoor racquet would be squash or badminton. Racquetball is a little dying oddity that is mostly confined to the US. Even in Canada, most courts have been torn down to make room for more popular endeavours...

hey dan, if you do find any i'd love to play. i used to play quite a bit back in college and although i'm a bit rusty i still have all my gear and would love to get a game going.

What is this game?
    Posted via Mobile Device

It's a racquet game that was somewhat popular in the 70's and early 80's mostly in the US though you can find a smattering of courts all over the world. It pretty well died in the 90's where most fitness centers either converted the courts to squash or used the space for dance or fitness classes.

It has similarities to squash except you can play all walls including the ceiling with a short racquet and a very bouncy ball(see pic). I played competitively in the winter as a teenager but like many, I lost interest quickly once I found badminton and squash which in my opinion(like many others) has a much greater variety of shots and strategy. It still fun and good exercise but now about on par in terms of popularity with underwater hockey(also a lot of fun)...

Ah thanks. Yes, not seen any of these courts in Hk. Lots of squash courts around though.
    Posted via Mobile Device

squash vs racquetball

I think HK has several squash courts (I believe racquetball is the squash-equivalent in the U.S with minor differences, such as racket size, types of balls, slight diff in court sizes, etc).

I am also in search of players to play squash with. I heard there's a squash court in Manhattan Heights...anyone know any residents there?

I am looking for racquetball players to represent Hong Kong in the Asians Games.

If you are interested or know someone who does, please email me at
    [email protected]

btw, did you find the racquetball court??

Thanks
    Coach Ray