California Gym Rates

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

By the way,
    California quoted me for $348 a month... but my HK friend told me that he gets a "local" rate at $250 a month. So he's coming with me when I get a membership.

Be charming and you can get good deals. Yeah paying the processing fee, just flat out refuse to do that.

I thought the title said 'California gym rats' at first....you know like Bernard Hopkins.

It's ridiculous how they quote different rates to different people.
    When I went to Fitness First, I wasn't told of the trial pass, the sales guy tried to sell me the full package ($1,200 joining fee + monthly), he didn't tell me the promotion ($8 or $1 joining fee) even it's been advertised everywhere.

Everyone's saying Pure is good, how good is it exactly? I'm a bit tempted.

Everyone's saying Pure is good, how good is it exactly? I'm a bit tempted.
    I only go to Pure yoga, but so far: good facilities, good management. No bullshit sorta place. The teachers actually know what they are talking about.

It's more expensive than the local gyms though. A little over $1000 a month for Pure yoga and Pure fitness. It's not worth it if you're just going to go once a week -- opt for something cheaper instead.

Rosemary,

I joined Pure on Hollywood Rd last month. Its a great gym, people are super friendly. Classes are good, love watching Will & Grace while working out on the machines.
    Signed up for 2 years and am paying $599

Will & Grace??? Oh my!!!!!
    I did check out [email protected] before I joined Fitness First, but at the time, I didn't see much differences, or things just didn't register except for the individual TV/DVD sets, which I thought I could live without.

Now I think FF is okay. I'm on a one-year contract so I guess I cannot run away unless I get one more membership at Pure.

Hmmm...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2