Gyms In HK...

Closed Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by doreen1177:
    where's hongkong park, jay?
    On every map of HK. Suggest buying a Lonely Planet book.

I just joined the California Fitness in Central. It's OK, but since I work in Wanchai and travel to Singapore (they have at least one location there). I think for the price I got, and I only wanted to go to the Central location, PURE would have been a better deal...

$499 "Processing" Fee, $398 "Joining" Fee, and $468/month. This is for the one year contract, where you can use any health club in Hong Kong except the new Jackie Chan in TST.

I thought I bargained really hard, and she would only budge a little bit on it. Has anyone done better???

never really checked any of these places out...just from the outside...but i HIGHLY doubt there are platforms for olympic lifting/going heavy on deadlifts right?

>>Do the YMCA still have gyms?<<

They still do in TST but the equipment is literally falling apart or at least it was last year when I was there with a friend. Most people sign up at the TST Y for the pool.

So much for it being 'fun to stay at the YMCA' !

Thanks All

Thanks for the advices. I think I am going to wait a little till I find an apartment before deciding. Until then I will just use Fitness First TST.

I am looking at apartments with swimming pools and gym in the building...that way I can train all day everyday without the traveling.

oh if anyone is looking or know of people that want to share an apartment quick, please let me know.

Gosh...!! I didn't notice private gyms are *that* expensive...

But if time allows, why not sign up for a sports club or martial art class or something similar..? I do my exercise twice a week and it's costing half of yours...

There's a Braisilian Jiu-Jitsu class in Jordan, but I haven't checked it out. I want to train in a gym in the day too.

Brazilian Jiu jitsu...

... do you train in BJJ?

It's one of my favourite martial arts... I'm not very good.. but it's so much fun.

I think I know the guy who owns the place in Jordan. Rolled with him once about a year ago at a different gym.

I have trained submission grappling or no gi BJJ for about 5yrs...I haven't trained in well over a year as I started up boxing.

I think the BJJ training could do me a world of good...I hope it ain't too expensive.