Gyms In HK...

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Question Gyms In HK...

I was wondering what the gyms are like in HK?

I am a Fitness First member, paying £28 a month. I wondering if I can get better deals in HK?

Thanks in advance

The best deals seem to be there or thereabouts (HK$500 per month) but you tend to have to make a long-ish term commitment to get them.

i just get a physical gym flyer

12 month contract $250 per month
    18 month contract $199 per month
    26 month contract $169 per month

Of course you also have to factor in the risk that the gym won't survive as long as the commitment you have to make - there have been a number of cases of this, and you don't get your money back.

Seems like you can get some good deals if you are committed to long term deals.

I wonder if you can haggle with them? I might be better off looking for a local gym maybe, or start doing press ups again LOL.

Thank Q everyone

Quote Originally Posted by tt2003:
    i just get a physical gym flyer

12 month contract $250 per month
    18 month contract $199 per month
    26 month contract $169 per month
    physical fitness & beauty

Hi,

Fitness First is an ok gym. They charge a $500 sign up fee (some people have gotten out of paying this) and $500/month membership. There are newer gyms like Seasons and Pure Fitness which are nice.

TT2003, Physical Fitness and Beauty is only for women right?

If you just want the equipment and aren't worried about the flashy environment and marketing and stuff then the Leisure & Cultural Services Department runs gyms which are dramatically cheaper than any of the private ones:
    http://www.lcsd.gov.hk/lschemes/gcfs/en/index.html

Thank you all

Thanks berryplucker...the cheap and not so cheerful gyms might be the way to go. Maybe I will actually have to train, rather than check out the ladies in the spin class LOL

Later

Anyone here ever been to Calafornia Fitness? Theres one in Central that I think I'll join once I get there.. the monthly fee advertised is around 248... i guess with numerous strings attached. The only plus being its pretty close to office so I guess I can work out before or after, take a shower and head home/office. Any idea about the trainging.. is it always as crowded?

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast