Derby Vs Forest - English FA Cup

Derby Vs Forest - English FA Cup

A long shot I know...

But anyone interested in the Derby Vs Forest FA cup game tonight...

Its being shown on ESPN at 03:45AM Saturday morning...

I will be getting a few hours kip when I get home from work & then hitting the town at 2:00am to track a bar that will be showing it!

Any one fancy joining me, give me a shout. I would prefer you to be a Ram, but a suppose a Red is better than no company at all...

Chris

Hi Chris or "ay up mi duck"

A long shot, but it paid off. I'm another expat Derby rams fan in HK. Unfortunately i have work on Saturday morning and anyway, the wife would have something to say if i was out past my bedtime.
    But anyway, i'll be cheering on the rams in spirit, to knock down those trees!

Super Derby, Super Rams!

Last edited by HKLozzo; 23-01-2009 at 05:04 PM. Reason: Can't spell for toffee

Quote Originally Posted by HKLozzo:
    Hi Chris or "ay up mi duck"

A long shot, but it paid off. I'm another expat Derby rams fan in HK. Unfortunately i have work on Saturday morning and anyway, the wife would have something to say if i was out past my bedtime.
    But anyway, i'll be cheering on the rams in spirit, to knock down those trees!

Super Derby, Super Rams!
    not a Ram, but did live in Derby for 3 years...still cringe at the use of 'duck' ..

D&H, can appreciate that, In fairness, its not really used at all ( maybe some old codger living out at Heanor, Ripley or Ilkeston ).
    I only added it for a bit of colourful dialect. Having said that, try as i might to removed any remnants of the Derby accent/dialect, people here still have a giggle at my pronunciation of certain words ( 'bus' being a case in point. Apparently people hear something like 'boose' but i just can't bring myself to start saying 'barse' or 'bas' to rectify (!!!) it.

Oh well. Vive la difference!

:)

Recently moved here from Derby summer last year - lived there all my life just about, but....Forest through and through...would like to catch the game though, so if you know anywhere, txt me on 51364416 and I'll come along.

Alix

Know what you mean regarding the accent, bus, put, look...etc ..always getting an echo of somekind lol

Last edited by alixjames; 23-01-2009 at 05:28 PM. Reason: forgotten something :)

Quote Originally Posted by HKLozzo:
    D&H, can appreciate that, In fairness, its not really used at all ( maybe some old codger living out at Heanor, Ripley or Ilkeston ).
    I only added it for a bit of colourful dialect. Having said that, try as i might to removed any remnants of the Derby accent/dialect, people here still have a giggle at my pronunciation of certain words ( 'bus' being a case in point. Apparently people hear something like 'boose' but i just can't bring myself to start saying 'barse' or 'bas' to rectify (!!!) it.

Oh well. Vive la difference!
    It used to be the preffered term of the staff in our local Jacksons'!

have to say i wasn't a great fan of derby, but the 'ashbourne mile' was always a great pub crawl!