Hong Kong Gymnastics gym

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

If you build it they will come

Hi Guys,

I know this is an old thread, but I am also looking for gymnastics facilities on Hong Kong Island.

I have had an idea though. I am in the middle of developing a project proposal for some of the larger property developers here in Hong Kong and the main idea of the development is for a gymnastics, martial arts, parkour and conference centre on the island. I have a couple of the big guys who are willing to take a look at the project and I think I will be able to pitch it to them as a financially viable and profitable development that will also be a useful marketing tool for them. Also due to my involvement in the martial arts community here I have found that there is a serious lack of space and facilities from not only training but also events.

What I would like to ask you guys for is support. Basically just some feedback on the idea to show these guys that not only will it be profitable for them but there is a large interest and community here that would benefit from it. These guys have already told me that they are customer and demand driven so if can show this to them then hopefully they will build it.

I am looking to also get support from the council here as I think it will not only provide them with a new sports venue but will aid in the development of sports for the community and sports for children.

I am pretty pumped about the idea and was thinking that the more people that show an interest then the more likely that we can make this happen. Why not?

Hope you all can give me some support and ideas for it as every little will help.

Thanks

Graeme

I think this is a brilliant idea. I would totally support a place like this.

Hi Manzi,
    Count me in as well... this is a very good idea..

Hi, I have a friend who went through (actually continues to go through) something similar. the biggest problem is cost per space ratio. This has meant he has moved away from new build property and is now looking at renovating warehouse space. then there is the question of revenue - the target market is not one with high disposable income - essentially students and young adults.

Now, if you can create value from the property with more high earning activities (martial arts training, conferences (?), children's gym) then that will help. But a basic parkour market would be very difficult to turn into profit, given costs for property, labour and equipment.

but I think it is a good idea and if either of you can make it, then I wish you well.

In general, my partner and I would be keen for adult gymnastics facilities on the Island. We currently trek out to Shun Lee each week for training. It does takes a long time but the facilities are good and there are helpful English-speaking coaches. Not to mention lovely locals who are very friendly and welcoming.

I suspect the rockclimbing market might be one to consider in your planning too. There's a large community with similar needs and limited facilities available.

Sounds good, Graeme what martial arts are you involved in?

Hi,

Sorry for the late reply, but have been busy sorting out a new job and now working 60h a week.

I am still very keen to get this (or at least attempt) underway, and have seem that there is a massive amount of support.

I have found out a few good contacts and references to help in the building of this project, but too be honest with you haven't had any time to do anything about them.

I will get back on to this as soon as I am more settled in my job. It is by no means a hard task and, from the responses I have recieved from a lot fo different sources, it is something that is wanted and needed in HK.

Oh ye I train boxing, muay thai and bokator.

Cheers

Hi....where is it...i really wanna learn flips