Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By colleenkatz

gymnastics

Closed Thread

gymnastics

Hi, My family will most likely be relocating to HK within the next few months from the U.S. (New York). School issues need to be resolved for the three children (ages 10, 7 and 5), however my husband's company is taking care of this. We have a an issue that seems to be difficult in taking care of while we are here. Our 7 year old son is involved in competitive gymnastics and is on a great team in N.Y. He is a level 5 gymnast who has competed for NY state this past year. We know that the sport of gymnastics is in HK but can't seem to find any information on the web which is in English. Does anyone know where to guide us on this matter? Human resource relocation is only offering us "gymnastic type of afterschool programs" at the various schools. We are looking for a competitive boys team. He is used to training over 10 hrs. a week , and is ranked in Ny state. I would appreciate ANYinformation given to use. Thanks!

Tioga likes this.

Drop the Gymnastics Association of Hong Kong a line on [email protected]. Unfortunately all of the information on their site is in Chinese ( www.gahk.org.hk )

Their phone number is 2504-8233.

Depending on which school he joins, they might even have a competant sports program.

More contact info

Address:
    Rm.1002, Sports House, 1 Stadium Path, So Kon Po, Hong Kong

Tel:
    (852) 2504 8233

FAX:
    (852) 2882 8590

Mr. Albert Ng
    Email:
    [email protected]
    [email protected]
    www.gahk.org.hk

And one last resource...

http://ihs.microweb.com.hk/~sportsceneltd/home.htm

I'd drop them a line. While I suspect that your son probably does not need coaching at the level this company offers, I would recommend contacting them. They might be able to mentor him and offer suggestions on how to continue.

gymnastics

Thanks so much for the information! I will start checking into these sites and making some calls. It is a bit difficult from the states but it will be reassuring to know he will be able to contine his sport. Thanks again!!