scuba diving

Closed Thread

scuba diving

hey, in case anyone planning to join any diving tour through the dive shop, beware of one called Xpro Asia in wan chai. they used to call prodive and now they closed it down and moved to a new location and repackaged the whole shop. A diver died last year when he went diving in sai kung with them!!!

I have been booking dive trips for many years with Pro-Dive. Their dive holiday travel agency has absolutely nothing to do with last years accident!

Quote Originally Posted by elle:
    I have been booking dive trips for many years with Pro-Dive. Their dive holiday travel agency has absolutely nothing to do with last years accident!
    who do you dive with in HK elle? i've just done a refresher with Splash, and the guys there were fantastic

I don't dive in Hong Kong - not to keen because of the poor visibility. We go mostly to the Philippines for dive holidays, and have been doing this many years with Pro-Dive.
    There was a thread here last year with details of the accident.

Found the details - it happened in June/July last year:

Summer temperatures and a violent weather change yesterday afternoon resulted in the death of a diver, the injury of a crane operator and the admission to hospital of scores of people suffering from the heat.

The diver, surnamed Cheung, drowned off Port Island, Sai Kung, at about 3.30pm after strong winds and waves knocked her and a 34-year-old male diver out of a rubber dinghy being towed by a pleasure boat.

Police later recovered a woman's body that was missing a limb, possibly cut off by a propellor. The man, who suffered a broken arm, was rescued and in hospital in serious condition last night. The pair were part of a 50-strong party of divers.

that sounds truly awful, but thanks for the info.

perhaps the thread should be removed...