How can I watch American football games?

Closed Thread
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

So you don't want to meet any Colts fans?

Actually... The game is scheduled 8:15pm ET Nov 5th... That would be 7:15am Nov 6th (Monday) HKT... Not sure if it would even be possible for us to get together to watch the game unless someone who's got ESPN is willing to open up his/her house (THAT early in the morning too).

Angry 49ers

I grew up in the Bay Area watching Montana, Rice and Young. Football season is horrible right now. we suck. I miss watching it though and I would be down to get together anywhere to watch a game. I read through all these messages and no place shows them anywhere. Anyways, I do read about it ... and have my thoughts as all sports fan do. The Colts are really good, but the Patrioits are the Patriots and they are just classy and legit proven winners. I go with Pats.

I think Denver will win the Super Bowls this season. Random team, but good nonetheless.

Lets watch some football please. Or some world series games ... im dying!!! later.

To Colts fans :D

Type III ... don't get me wrong, I forgot that I will be in Hong Kong and I will be lucky just to find someone to watch the game somewhere. I am more than happy to meet up with the Colts fans too.

I guess the biggest question is where can we see the game so early in the morning?

I know, I was kidding. I have never actually met any unfriendly football fan even back in the good ol' Purdue vs IU or OSU or UW or Notre Dame days. I'll even provide the tissue for you to wipe your tears away after the game. Unless, of course, you're a Raiders fan then I'll have to think twice about hanging out with you.

From Nov 25th to (around) Dec 10th (week 12 - 14) you guys can come out to Park Island and watch it at my house if you guy's don't mind the distance. I have a 42" plasma and ESPN (NOW Broadband TV).

Cal

CAL #1 baby!!!!!! Go Bears

11/5 Game

TypeIII ... thanks for the offer but we still haven't settled with the 11/5 game between my Pats and your Colts! Apparently, my trip to HKG is pretty short this time (11/1 - 11/15 ... and I will be in Beijing from 11/11-11/14) ... and the only game I really really want to catch is the Pats game!

Go Big 10 football ... especially .. Go Blue! I will be back to the U.S. on time to catch the OSU againt Mich ... very likely the #1 team against #2 team before the bowl games.

Damn ... just reading a few of the responses made me want to move back to HKG for good. I actually grew up there but has been in the States since 1991. Anyone is aware of any openings in the finance (especially equity or credit research) in HK, let me know ... I am a CPA, CFA, and got my MBA in finance from NYU ... currently, I am an analyst at Fidelity.

Sorry for being sidetracked .... even if we are not meeting for the game, I should try to meet up some of you folks ... I really want to evaluate my career options in HKG.

It's too bad my place won't be available for that game... But if anyone here knows of anywhere in Hong Kong (and I don't care if I have to go to Tai Ko or Tung Chung or Shek O for this) that will have that game shown live, I'll be there.

Hell, we already have an on-going bet for that game.

To be a bit OT, I don't see how it would be difficult for someone with your qualifications to find a job in Hong Kong. Have you tried looking at places like JobsDB or ClassifiedPost? The better question is: do you really want to LIVE here...

Guys,

do you know the location of Kangaroos in WanChai? Someone previously said the place would carry the game in the morning hours. maybe we could meet there for a game. need to check the interesting matchups. unfortunately... games shown on monday and tuesday morning... might not be ideal for everyone since we have to go to work/meetings during weekdays morning.

TYPE III- colts will stay perfect until pats beat them... hahaha

icyim- try to request for an internal transfer and get an expat package if you have decided to relocate to HKG. I am a CPA too from NYC. i got my degree from Pace U.

ucamoreno- bay arena football teams probably need another 3 years to get back to the glory days.

whong ... do you mind calling Kangaroos and find out if they are going to show the Pats/Colts game (and if they will be opened so early)? I really don't mind kicking off some drinking 7am on a Monday ... since I am on vacation!

BTW, I am trying to meet up with some of the PMs in Fido HK and see if there are any opportunities ... with the Chinese economy soaring, I really think that it is a good time to be in HK.

Closed Thread
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast