Anyone play Ice Hockey here?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Anyone know where you can buy equipment in HK (new/used)? Have had trouble finding any info on the web. I'd be interested in joining a league at some point (though probably too late for this summer session), but as all my equipment is scattered in various states back home, that would be my first step.

Quote Originally Posted by BJWPGH:
    Anyone know where you can buy equipment in HK (new/used)? Have had trouble finding any info on the web. I'd be interested in joining a league at some point (though probably too late for this summer session), but as all my equipment is scattered in various states back home, that would be my first step.
    Next time I go to the rink, I'll ask the guys that have been here for a while to see if they know. There is supposed to be a store or two in HK that sells equipment. They sell some things at the arena in MegaBox. If you have time, you should drop by the arena and check out their 'store'. You can try asking for either Norm or Keith, and they both speak very good English and are very good players themselves. The other staff there are not very knowledgeable of hockey equipment.

Check back here some time next week and I should have some answers for you if you haven't made your way there yet.

Good luck!

Quote Originally Posted by BJWPGH:
    there used to be a store at the SkyRink in Dragon Centre in Sham Shui Po, but I haven't been out there for a while...
    Last edited by timklip; 29-05-2009 at 08:20 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by timklip:
    there used to be a store at the SkyRink in Dragon Centre in Sham Shui Po, but I haven't been out there for a while...
    So I played at MegaIce last night and I spoke with some of the players. They said that the store in Dragon Centre is still open. But it might be a better idea to go and check out the store in MegaBox/MegaIce first, that way you could take two birds with one stone. The summer league is starting tomorrow (Wednesday) night. I'll be there but I don't know what time my game is yet.

You could check out the store and see what the different levels of hockey here to see where you would fit in when you decide to play. The summer league classification is a little bit different from the longer winter season because there are fewer players. Here is a note of the summer classifications relative to the winter season:
    Note – International Division level of play is equivalent to Div 1-2, Asian A – Div 2, Asian B – Div 2 and 3, Asian C – Div 4.

Here is the link to the MegaIce website:
    Megaice | hong kong ice hockey – ice rink in hong kong

I would ask for either Norm or Keith to speak to about both the equipment and the league information. Tell them that Raymond (the new goalie) told you to bother them.

Good luck!

If anyone ever hears of, or knows now of any hockey being played minus full equipment please please please let me know!! As I've said before unfortunately I'm stuck in HK without my gear

As I don't expect to get far in my quest for equipment-free hockey in HK, can any of you guys tell me where gear is sold here, and is it (very) overpriced compared to the west?

Last edited by kryzlowski; 02-06-2009 at 11:47 PM. Reason: adding Q2

bump

Ice Hockey.. Gear? Pickup game?

my bump didn't work! Second go...

Quote Originally Posted by kryzlowski:
    my bump didn't work! Second go...
    for gear to buy here, re-read post 13 and 14...

Oh cr*p.. sorry wasn't being an idiot... when I read the post again I'm sure those new comments weren't there :S... honest!!

Thanks for the info guys

Quote Originally Posted by kryzlowski:
    Oh cr*p.. sorry wasn't being an idiot... when I read the post again I'm sure those new comments weren't there :S... honest!!

Thanks for the info guys
    All right, you got me. I just slipped it in there after I saw your post.

So like I said above, go and check out MegaBox. Since you need to buy the whole set, you can probably work out some kind of deal. Good luck and let us know if you start playing.

Cheers.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast