Anyone play Ice Hockey here?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Anyone play Ice Hockey here?

I just came here a few months ago from Canada and I was wondering if anyone on this website also play ice hockey.

I did a search and I didn't find a lot...

Cheers.

Hi.. I don't play here myself but I read all about it a while back. There is a website set up with info on the leagues and teams etc but seems to be down right now. Check out this link for similar, less in depth info on Wikipedia:

Hockey Night in Asia - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I actually have a relevant question about hockey here if anyone is reading who can answer. Do you know if there are any pick-up games? i.e no equipment.

I really want to play hockey, but it is just unrealistic for me in my current situation... I don't know how long I might be in HK, all my equipment is in UK, and I've hardly any room for it anyway (storage-wise, but even more so for drying/airing it out) in my apartment.

Last edited by kryzlowski; 14-05-2009 at 12:26 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by kryzlowski:
    ...I actually have a relevant question about hockey here if anyone is reading who can answer. Do you know if there are any pick-up games? i.e no equipment.

I really want to play hockey, but it is just unrealistic for me in my current situation... I don't know how long I might be in HK, all my equipment is in UK, and I've hardly any room for it anyway (storage-wise, but even more so for drying/airing it out) in my apartment.
    I will start playing at MegaIce this summer in their league. I don't recall if there are any shinny/pick-up games there.

I am not sure if you are a very experienced player or not, but they do have hockey schools for beginners (but I guess since you already have your own equipment in the UK, you are probably not a beginner.)

They do have lockers in the MegaIce arena, but they are not that cheap and not that many available. I keep my goalie equipment there and they dry out very well, within a day even.

BTW, my colleague works in our London office and he has a hard time finding some hockey to play there.

Quote Originally Posted by Rayzilla:
    ...I did a search and I didn't find a lot...

Cheers.
    I meant to say that I searched on this website and did not find a lot of members on here to be interested in ice hockey (well, except for kryzlowski).

I am signed up to start playing in the Summer League at MegaIce and I am looking to pick up some more ice time.

I am a goalie, so if you know any team that needs a goalie, please let me know.

Thanks!

Scrimmage Tomorrow (Wednesday) Night at Mega-Ice.

If anyone is interested in getting on the ice for an excellent level of shinny/scrimmage tomorrow night, you can go down to Mega-Ice (on the 10th floor of the Mega-Box shopping mall at Kowloon Bay). There's a shuttle bus that takes to directly to the mall from the Kowloon Bay MTR station.

If you are interested, you should contact Keith at Mega-Ice to make sure there is enough room for more skaters.

I'll be there as one of the goalies.

Also, if you are interested in signing up to play in the summer league, you could go there to register at the same time. This might be the last scrimmage time before the summer league starts up next week.

Cheers!

HKGFM - Your Music Universe, Online Radio, Internet Radio who I think advertise (?) or did advertise on this site have some hockey info on their website.

www.hongkongfm dot net as that link isn't opening it seems.
    Last edited by Football16; 26-05-2009 at 06:43 PM.

I would be interested myself even tho I've never actually played in a game before, I can skate ok and had a little scrimmage with friends before, but I have no gear and all so I wonder if that would be ok

Quote Originally Posted by bechampions:
    I would be interested myself even tho I've never actually played in a game before, I can skate ok and had a little scrimmage with friends before, but I have no gear and all so I wonder if that would be ok
    Unfortunately the level of play in tomorrow (Wednesday) night's scrimmage is a pretty high level and full equipment would be required because there will be fast skating ('accidental' body contact), high wrist shots, fast snap shots, and of course, the slap shot from the point (or wherever else the crazy guys decide to unleash one).

You would be welcome to come by and watch and meet up with others. If you can manage to get some equipment, you can always join the leagues. There are different divisions for all level of players, from beginners to guys that have played junior A in Canada.

Quote Originally Posted by Football16:
    HKGFM - Your Music Universe, Online Radio, Internet Radio who I think advertise (?) or did advertise on this site have some hockey info on their website.

www.hongkongfm dot net as that link isn't opening it seems.
    Hey Hockey16, err I mean Football16,

That radio station still sponsors league teams. I see some guys with jerseys with the station name on them. They had a pretty good team from what I remember seeing.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast