Motocross in Hong Kong

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thumbs up Motocross in Hong Kong

i have been in Hong Kong for 3 months now and i was wondering if anybody knew if there is a Motocross track in Hong Kong?

somewhere up in Sheung Shui there is a MX Club. Dont know the exact address but a few mates of mine went there before. Picture attached.

Just found the website. http://www.mxclub.com.hk/catalog/inf...391d1abd295176

Last edited by wtbhotia; 27-05-2009 at 12:12 PM. Reason: just found the website

do you know if the track big? i want to get a good practice run in

Quote Originally Posted by law2181:
    do you know if the track big? i want to get a good practice run in
    I heard its not that big and this was from a girl on an ATV.

track pictures. MX CLUB

Some previous threads regarding the MX Club :

http://www.geoexpat.com/forum/thread17658.html

http://www.geoexpat.com/forum/thread19673-2.html

I recommend it.

When I was there he had 2 tracks for MX and a trail.

THe small MX track is tiny - good for practicing basic technique and if you're good there is one jump that you get serious air off. Angus's son was doing all sorts of freestyle tricks off it.

The bigger track is, I would say, a good enough size. Unless you're pretty fit I reckon you'll be exhausted after your 1 hour session - I could barely walk

I understand he has also expanded it since I was there. I don't think you'll be disappointed with the size.

Last edited by Bungle; 27-05-2009 at 02:32 PM.

cool, the website has alot on it too
    MX CLUB

Thumbs down Hong Kong MX track

In true HK fashion, the MX track has been closed permanently. This is after we were all told 1 month ago that the Club would have to start looking for a new track around the end of the year, we turned up for a ride the other day to be told the track was closing in 3 days. Some guys, including myself, have spent a great deal of money on new equipment and/or bikes and now have nowhere to ride.
    If you have anything to do with this MX club, beware !!
    They just tell you what you want to hear, and have not been honest with us at all !!
    Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by deano64:
    In true HK fashion, the MX track has been closed permanently. This is after we were all told 1 month ago that the Club would have to start looking for a new track around the end of the year, we turned up for a ride the other day to be told the track was closing in 3 days. Some guys, including myself, have spent a great deal of money on new equipment and/or bikes and now have nowhere to ride.
    If you have anything to do with this MX club, beware !!
    They just tell you what you want to hear, and have not been honest with us at all !!
    Cheers
    Wow...that sucks on so many levels. I really hope a replacement comes up since you guys will have a tough time reselling all that gear without a public track.

Thanks Ken, yes it sucks big time and as you said, who want's MX bikes and gear when there is nowhere to ride ???
    Like I said, really disappointed at the dishonesty displayed toward us, I should have known better.
    Funny thing ( and so HK ) one of the reasons given for the track closure is the complaints from the villagers, well, there is only one dwelling ( I won't call it a house, coz it is'nt one ) near the track and ironically it's an illegal squatter dwelling.....only in HK !!!!

mx is big in china! try sell or even look for a track there! i hear there are alot

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast