CA Fitness - monthly fee?

Closed Thread

CA Fitness - monthly fee?

I'm thinking about getting a membership there just to use the treadmills. I was told it's much cheaper than Pure, but does anyone know what the current monthly charge is? I'd rather not go in and listen to an entire spiel just to get that info. and they won't tell me anything over the phone.

thanks,
    Amy

Should be in the $300 range

Quote Originally Posted by rani:
    Should be in the $300 range
    also depends on the contract, that must be for around 18 months contract or so.

Thanks for the replies - that's not a bad price.

You will have to go through the spiel. There is not one price and everyone pays something different. You pay more for a shorter contract and less for a longer one - which obviously depends on how long you think you might be here! You also pay more for use of ALL the gyms and less just one gym - so depends on where you live and whether you want to go to one close to work, close to home, both, or also while in Singapore, Malaysia etc etc....

Finally, if you are really strapped for cash I think you can get memberships just for certain times of day (offpeak).

So ... it all depends. Those guys are negotiators though - keep strong and have a clear view what you want before you go in....

I think you might also get a discount for paying with an HSBC credit card (but that might just have been a negotiating ploy too!)

Thanks, MovingIn07 - I hate those hard sale pitches, but that's good to know about off-peak hours, and I'm only interested in one location AND I have an HSBC card, so maybe I can a good deal.

anyone gone for a 12month membership? - looking to go by tonight to sign up but also want to know what price I should pay without getting ripped off!
    also, is it possible to get out of initial joining/admin fees?

I was offered $368/month for a 12-month contract with the "joining" fees waived.

I got the corporate rate of about $200 a month. 12 months. all gyms, but it was through my company's group join.

G'luck!