Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Rayzilla

Ping Pong Paddle Recommendations for Intermediates?

Closed Thread

Ping Pong Paddle Recommendations for Intermediates?

Well, I wouldn't actually call myself an intermediate yet, but I don't really want to get a racquet that I'll have to replace again in a short while.

I just played yesterday for the first time in like twenty something years and I thoroughly enjoyed it. I don't want to keep borrowing racquets, so I better pick one up for myself.

I think I play more of an attack style, although I haven't played enough to really know for sure. I hold shake-hand style. My budget is probably up to about $350-$400, unless it's not really necessary to spend that much for a recreational player.

I don't really know a whole lot about the different types of paddles and rubbers. I don't know where is a good place to buy too, but I know that Wah Sang (near Victoria Park) has good prices on their badminton racquets and I know that they also sell ping pong paddles.

Any suggestions? Thanks!

After reading up some more on what racket I should buy as a player that hasn't played much in a long while, I should get a cheaper all around racket and no need to spend a lot of money for now. After I know for sure what kind of player I am, then I should replace it with a custom paddle and rubbers. Therefore, I have adjusted my price point to $150 to $200 now. And I wouldn't mind getting a nice cover since I will be able to use it for the new racket later on too, or maybe a two racket holder.

So I was at King Street in North Point last night and I saw a couple of decent looking DHS (Double Happiness), 729, and Double Fish rackets. I would have taken pictures so that I could remember their model numbers, but the camera batteries had just died.

Anyone know where is a good place to get one of these brands?

SalseroHK likes this.