Like Tree2Likes

California Fitness Gym

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Cool California Fitness Gym

Hey, I want to find out what's the fair price to join CA Fitness...

I've been wanting to join the club for about a month now, but i'm debating I'm getting a good deal or what not?

I'm trying to join the one in Central since it's closer to my work. The salesperson gave me three options (all three with a 12-month-contract, and only able to access to one location)

Option A:
    $499 initial fee
    $369/month
    included all classes

Option B:
    ONLY good for Monday - Thursday
    $199 Initial Fee
    $258/month

Option C:
    ONLY good for Fri-Sun
    $199 Initial Fee
    $258/month

I feel he's still ripping me off. Keep telling me i need to sign up TODAY, and this promotion is ONE day only.

What do you all think of it?

I personally would prefer paying about $200-$250 per month, no initial fee (all 7 days/week)....

What do u think? Am i getting rip off, or that's a fair price?

PS. I do like group classes (spinning, pilates, zamba, etc)

Feel free to reply me on my email: [email protected]

Last edited by SweetMonica; 24-06-2009 at 06:58 PM.

Join Physical fitness
    they have promotional package, 500 HKD for 6 months,
    Joining is through a member, find someone who is in Physical or send me PM i will recommend you.

WBR
    Syed

I go to CF in Wanchai and although some of the machines are starting to show their age, the gym is spacious and the staff are polite and helpful. The sales agents, however, play a game straight out of the direct marketing handbook. Don't take their first offer. Or even their second or third.

I don't do any classes, so if you're including those then I couldn't really say how it would affect your monthly rate. I can tell you, however, that I pay around HKD350 per month for membership to all CF gyms in Hong Kong, at any time (as long as they're open), and on any day of the week. They also waived the joining fee and threw-in an extra year's membership for free.

It's all about negotiation.

AJ9 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by SweetMonica:
    I feel he's still ripping me off. Keep telling me i need to sign up TODAY, and this promotion is ONE day
    This is BS, classic HK sales tactic. Tomorrow you can get the same deal,

Option A:
    $499 initial fee
    $369/month
    included all classes
    Is this for ALL California locations? If so then this is a fair deal for a 1 year contract. However, the initial fee you can get them to waive.

I personally would prefer paying about $200-$250 per month, no initial fee (all 7 days/week)....
    Sorry, you won't find prices like $200-250 anywhere is HK!

If you just want to do group classes then Central California is OK. For anything else, the equipment is old and dirty.

As for the guy who recommended Physical, don't do it because group classes are not included in the price if I recall correctly.

Quote Originally Posted by chimo:
    As for the guy who recommended Physical, don't do it because group classes are not included in the price if I recall correctly.
    15 Group classes, unless you are only in Group exercising, this is a fair deal.

WBR
    Syed

Probably a long shot, but is this offer still on?

no
    that was 2 year back
    they have some offers here
    Physical - Hot Offer

Thanks. Just joined this lunch time at the new one in Central. Waived the joining fee (if there ever was one), all clubs + classes for 385 x 12.

I got a full 2-year, all gyms, for a flat 8k....Ive even got them to stop calling me about personal training.

Scorpio01 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Leo_801:
    Thanks. Just joined this lunch time at the new one in Central. Waived the joining fee (if there ever was one), all clubs + classes for 385 x 12.
    The same deal is being offered to new members at the same branch for $249 (Central only/all hrs) or $299 (all clubs/all hrs) with $0 joining fee.

I don't recommend prepaying for a few years at this health club chain. They are not investing any money in new equipment anymore and are downsizing/moving clubs. The PT staff have been telling members that the CWB club will be closed down soon and Wanch is next when the lease is up.
    Last edited by JaredHK; 07-01-2012 at 09:01 PM.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast