Like Tree1Likes

When is spider season on Lantau?

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

I am not excited to move to a house in yuen long anymore.
    all the weird creatures !

i was so freak out last time i went hiking up in NT , as i am already scared of tiny tiny spider as we walk up the waterfall and somehow got ourself into an wrong path, My partner already well ahead and i looked up and saw this really HUGE spider in front of me ... all i can do was screaming and totally freak out i never saw a spider that big before i refuse to cross under it but i had to as its the only way to the waterfall i was in tear when i dug down and try to go as low as i can to not touch it on the way back i went for a longer way around path... away from that very big ugly spider!

I'm terrified of spiders and hike all the time - it really doesn't bother me here except if I am the first person on a less-used trail (so I just move to let someone else go ahead ) - compared to Australia the spiders here are nothing.

I remember using my aunt's squat toilet in India when I was a kid and seeing a 4" black and yellow spider crawling down the wall. I got the hell out of there! My aunt and cousin just laughed at me.

When on Lantau the spiders I saw were black with long bodies... their legs had yellow joints and some had red spots on their backs. Does anyone know what kind these spiders are? Orb weavers I think someone mentioned?

Wood spiders. From the nefula family, I think.

We hiked on Lantau today. We lost count at 18 of them.... HUGE - size of a fist. [Shudders].

Diana_s likes this.

Some weeks ago I was walking around Tung Lung Island. I went up this path which didn't looked like it was being used much (hence I went up it..). There were so my spiders there it was insane. I don't have any problem with them, but when there's a huge web every 2-3 meters, it's uncool.

I ducked under them, but as my confidence grew, the probability of spider-web collision grew. I walked right into this insane web and there were this huge ugly spider with loads of dead flies in it. I got it all over me. I could feel the spider freaking out crawling around my neck up my head. It was freakish. An epic encounter.

To be honest, I hate the spiderweb more than the spider itself. At least you can grab or throw the spider away, but all that web around your face freaks me out....

Ok now you are really freaking me out! I can't believe it crawled on you!