Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By UK/HKboy

Physical Gym, Shatin

Closed Thread

Physical Gym, Shatin

Hey all, looking for a good cheap gym near Tai Po.

I'm considering joining Physical in Shatin, which I'll probably check out tomorrow, but does anyone go there or have expereince of the place?

Also does it do 1 month memberships, and any ideas how much it costs?

I stay very near Tai Wo Station, if there are any other places you can recommend, I'd much appreciate it.

Cheers!

Nathan

it depends when in the day u will go to Shatin Physical as it is super crowded during the peak time (6-8pm).

I haven't been to other Physical but i don't think the gym area is very large; well they do have a lot of machines which makes the place quite crowded. Suggest you to ask for a tour before joining the club.

Physical is usually quite good if you can get there in the late evening, morning or just before 7pm. The staff are very friendly and some speak very good English as well as having professional qualifications.

However, much of the staff have no qualifications and don't know what they are doing. The gym offers no incentives for members once the initial cheaper period finishes.

Most importantly, the hygiene is scary. I went there for 3 years until I started noticing warts on my hand and feet. I started paying attention to the hygiene in the gym. No one ever wipes down the equipment after using nor is there any spray to do it yourself. In the three years that I went there, I never saw anyone cleaning the equipment throughout the day. As busy as it is, there should be a full time cleaning staff there. The floors in the changing rooms are disgusting and the smell of urine in the mens' showers is overwhelming. I've stopped going and haven't had a problem since.

I think Tony is scaring you a bit about the hygiene, it's about the same as California, but hey, no need to take my word for it, just take a tour.

My only gripe about Physical is that the showers are cheap quality and because it's potentially so cheap, you get the amateurs in and it gets busy. If you don't bring your own towel it's an extra $10 each time.

I usually switch between Physical and California every 2 years as the promotion period comes to an end and hygiene wise, you are recommended to wear flip flops in the changing rooms and showers because even though the floors appear clean, because of the mass market crowd, you are bound to pick up an athlete's foot or two. And it's always a good idea to shower at home even after a shower at the gym as an added measure.

I got into Physical fitness HQ today in shatin. I inquire first for a membership fee. Now the story is he said (PF sales) i have a promo and I felt like its a great chance but its not. 699 for 36 months all club and 599 for 36 months for only 1 club. I tried to sales talk him whether I can get a 6 months or 1 year with installment but this guy keep on telling me to fully paid 1 year membership. I mean WTF!! 1 year membership is like 7680 and he keep on discounting until it made to 6000 still force me to fully paid. I'm gonna go again tomorrow and talk to another sales. Worst sales ever. I just wanted to go to GYM today.

Quote Originally Posted by Thundrax:
    I got into Physical fitness HQ today in shatin. I inquire first for a membership fee. Now the story is he said (PF sales) i have a promo and I felt like its a great chance but its not. 699 for 36 months all club and 599 for 36 months for only 1 club. I tried to sales talk him whether I can get a 6 months or 1 year with installment but this guy keep on telling me to fully paid 1 year membership. I mean WTF!! 1 year membership is like 7680 and he keep on discounting until it made to 6000 still force me to fully paid. I'm gonna go again tomorrow and talk to another sales. Worst sales ever. I just wanted to go to GYM today.
    Be careful as i have a suspicion even if they let you pay in installments, its not installments to the gym. They will make the full charge, and then you need to contact your bank to turn that charge into installments.

Therefore, if they go bankrupt or you quit, you can't simply withhold the payments to the gym because they already got paid. The installment plan is between you and your bank and you can't simply stop paying to them.

This was the case when i was at California Fitness and i paid in full because it was cheaper without making any difference.
    gigglinggal likes this.

Physical, you can totally get them down to 400-450 a month.