Brisk Walking in Causeway Bay

Closed Thread

Brisk Walking in Causeway Bay

Walking is a great low-impact exercise, which still helps us to keep in shape, let's support and encourage each other!

I am an early thirties expat professional woman looking for activity partner for brisk walking at the track in Causeway Bay. Brisk walking, first because if we are out there sweating we might as well get the full benefit of it and second because I walk at a good pace due to my long legs I promise not to walk too briskly so we can still have a nice chat. lol.

All those with serious interest please respond here and we can arrange a time for meet up. Would like to organize walks once or twice a week at regular times during the evenings after work.

All ages, genders, races, welcome, best if you have a good sense of humor and positive attitude. Look forward to hearing from you

What is brisk walking? race walking?

Quote Originally Posted by apple&dog:
    What is brisk walking? race walking?
    Here is an article about walking dogs with the pace being a brisk walk http://www.petobesityprevention.com/...eight_loss.pdf

To add to the discussion on what 'brisk' means, this is one definition from
    Brisk Walking Pace - Walking

Your “brisk” walking pace would be a level 5 or 6. Level seven would be if you added intervals or wanted to try power walking or race walking. Typically, fitness walking is between a level three and level 6.

For the purposes of my original post, I think a level 6 is what we would be striving for. To be safe we would work up to that gradually of course and cool down after.

Level 1—Very minimal effort. Laying on the couch.
    Level 2—Minimal effort. Quite comfortable. Normal daily activies.
    Level 3—Moderate effort. Light exercise. Warming up or cooling down.
    Level 4—A bit more effort. Might start to sweat. Can sing.
    Level 5—Beginning to sweat. Breathing is a bit labored.
    Level 6—Working hard. Can not sing. Can talk. Breathing heavily.
    Level 7—Intense. Can talk, but not actually carry on much of a conversation.
    Level 8—Huffing and puffing. Cannot keep up the pace for more than a few seconds.
    Level 9—Very, very hard work. Working so hard you throw up.
    Level 10—The absolute maximum you can do.

what's wrong with level 1. i'm happy with that, and this could be my level 10... the absolute maximum i can do )

Last edited by Star Gazer; 20-10-2009 at 08:04 PM.