Tai Chi

Closed Thread

Tai Chi

Does anyone know of any Tai Chi classes - in Hong Kong??
    Prefer daytime and on the Island but any information is appreciated

Thanks -

Smile Tai Chi

Hi there,

I had learned Tai Chi, Hsing Yi, Yiquang , Ving Chun for over 10 years. I like to give you some good advise for Tai Chi class in Hong Kong. What do you really want to learn, as a kind of limb exercise or with fighting capability. It takes a long time to learn then. BTW, what is your level?

Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by lynneT:
    Does anyone know of any Tai Chi classes - in Hong Kong??
    Prefer daytime and on the Island but any information is appreciated

Thanks -

Hi,
    I'm also interested in tai chi classes. Have been doing it for 3 years in the UK and can do 24 and 48 forms. I want to do the sword forms now. I am either looking for a small class in English or one-on-one tuition. Only quote I've got so far is HK$500 a session from William Ng (who does the free classes put on by the tourist board). Ideally I would like to do a class on HK Island.

Tai Chi in Hong Kong Jan 2010

I finally found a wonderful teacher for Tai Chi. She teaches me in English.
    She is part of the HK Tai Chi Association and teaches all levels from Beginners to Advanced, private or in groups. She also is an expert in Qi-Gong.
    Her name is Anne Chan
    Mobile 96989317

[email protected]

Although she lives in Kowloon, she was prepared to come to the Island to teach me. She enjoyed the experience of teaching a "foreigner" who was so excited about learning.

I am now leaving Hong Kong but wanted to give this information over to Geopats before I go.

Lynne Toubkin

if you are still looking for a tai chi teacher see what I posted today. Anne Chan is excellent and can do Sword etc

Lynne Toubkin

Sarcasm - because beating the crap out of people is illegal

Perhaps you can post what Tai Chi style she teaches so people will know whether she would be a suitable teacher for them.

She is an expert in the Ug style but I think she knows other styles and talks about the square and circle form in different styles. I don't know enough about Tai chi to tell the difference. It was just so difficult to actually find a suitable teacher. I spent a few months looking and many of the courses I tried to sign up for were cancelled cause of lack of people etc. As a teacher myself, I have been very impressed with her expertize and teaching style.