Airsoft shooting range in Hong Kong

Closed Thread

Airsoft shooting range in Hong Kong

Hi,

Are there any airsoft shooting range in Hong Kong? Can a 10-year-old boy go there and have some fun?

Thanks!

Sarcasm - because beating the crap out of people is illegal

I don't know what airsoft is, but is it like paintball?

Airsoft is like paintball, but with guns that shoot small plastic BBs. It's not as painful as paintball but the BBs can still puncture Coke cans.

There are airsoft sites all over the place in HK, but bringing a 10 year old would be extremely irresponsible if not prohibited outright. High powered automatic BB guns that shoot 20 rounds a second in the hands of kid is not a good idea, and has 'emergency trip to the hospital' written all over it.

Sarcasm - because beating the crap out of people is illegal

At Paintball HK, they say they can change the velocity of the paintball markers to suit different level of players and ages. Kids from 8 years up and 130+cm tall can play there.

Paintball sounds like a better option if they don't do rapid fire and can adjust projectile velocity.

(With airsoft it's not so much the kid I'd be worried about- it's that there are likely to be innocent bystanders around without eye protection whilst said kid plays with the new toy.)

Quote Originally Posted by jiltao:
    Hi,

Are there any airsoft shooting range in Hong Kong? Can a 10-year-old boy go there and have some fun?

Thanks!
    I know places as I do airsoft myself - but I simply will not let you have any details (at least not about the places that me and my mates go to) if your plan is to bring a 10-year-old kid there to "have some fun". Airsoft bullets (metal, not plastic. I've never used plastic ones - they are used at "wargames" but not at ranges) may not be able to kill but they can definitely maim, badly. I am shocked that you could even contemplate letting a kid handle such firearm.

Btw the average age limit for legit shooting ranges is not as high as 18, but definitely not 10 years old.
    Last edited by ScotchDrinker; 20-11-2009 at 01:20 PM.