Fitness First idiocy

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Fitness First idiocy

So I go into Fitness First this morning to cancel my membership, understanding that cancellation requires 1 month advance notice. But lo and behold, I am informed that they will not cancel my membership until the end of January because 1st of December is technically not 1 month's notice. 30th of November would have been 1 month's notice. However the first day of December, with still almost 31 days to go until January is not a months notice so they will not cancel it until 31st of January. Unbelievable.

Quote Originally Posted by AlexandraF:
    Unbelievable.
    Those gyms are such scams -- I'm sorry to hear about that.

damn i need to cancel my FF membership as well. I just moved to causeway bay, any good gyms in the neighborhood?

that's one sure way to lose business - fools.
    Posted via Mobile Device

Quote Originally Posted by AlexandraF:
    So I go into Fitness First this morning to cancel my membership, understanding that cancellation requires 1 month advance notice. But lo and behold, I am informed that they will not cancel my membership until the end of January because 1st of December is technically not 1 month's notice. 30th of November would have been 1 month's notice. However the first day of December, with still almost 31 days to go until January is not a months notice so they will not cancel it until 31st of January. Unbelievable.
    Don't pay. If you have a credit card subscription or automatic debit just cancel it. If they complain I would point out the idiocy above and say "so sue me. see who the courts side with".

Well, that's what I would do anyway.

Thanks for posting Alexandra. I'm going to terminate my FF membership because I haven't been there in months (too busy with other commitments, and yes, I'm getting plenty of exercise). I'll cancel it ASAP. If that's how they do biz, I definitely don't want them getting any more of my money.

Sarcasm - because beating the crap out of people is illegal

Oh the tales I have of FF. IMO, fitness is not first there, it's money.

Don't know about gyms in Causeway Bay, I go to Seasons in Admiralty and it's such a change from the chains.

Threaten to take them to the small claims court, saying they have breached the terms of the contract, and also stop any payments you have with them. you have given them your one month's notice, you have fulfilled your contractual terms.

If they say "computer says no" tell them to fcuk off (probably not in those terms but a bit more diplomatically) and tell them that the computer doesn't decide the law.

Quote Originally Posted by MovingIn07:
    Don't pay. If you have a credit card subscription or automatic debit just cancel it. If they complain I would point out the idiocy above and say "so sue me. see who the courts side with".

Well, that's what I would do anyway.
    I tried to cancel the credit card subscription with the bank but apparently it has to be done Fitness First side. Anyway, I just "lost" my credit card and called the bank to cancel it.

Looking through my credit card statements, the subscription comes out on the 3rd of each month so they actually won't even get their one month's notice now. Serves them right.

The bank might still let the transaction go through as you have a contract with Fitness First. I've seen some automated / regular charges show up on my new card when I've lost my card.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast