hong kong gym weekly membership fee

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

hong kong gym weekly membership fee

hi there, i will b visiting hong kong in december for exactly two weeks and i wanna keep going to the gym. are there any gyms where i can join and the membership fee is counted by weekly or any gyms that are cheap enough for me to join? 100+- hkd per month say

I recently paid HK$ 1000 for a 2 weeks guest pass to Pure Fitness in IFC. Just walked in to the counter and told them I will be staying only 2 weeks. No restrictions on the pass, and they open from 6 am to midnight if I am not wrong.

Not very close to 100+-hkd per month though is it?

Definitely not. But as last resort it might still be helpful.

I worked out almost every day, so that was still acceptable, especially because they provide you with workout clothes, towels and stuff... which I would otherwise have had to drag around with me all day long.

There are local gyms though are there not? ones that the local authority runs? I know I use their squash courts from time to time so I assume there are also gyms.

Yes, but you need to pass a test before you can use them, and the tests are run infrequently.

The decent hotels also have gyms.

Although best bet is probably to look on the websites of each gym (california, fitness first, seasons, pure) and try and get a "free pass" to each for a day (or a week) etc. I know california had "day passes" in Singapore but they were really expensive (about 40 sing $). So the "free try out" ones are better.

If you have a friend with access to a club house gym where he lives, you could also use his resident card to get in.

The club house of the facility I just rented an apartment at charges $195 per month for the gym. Daily it's $35 if I am not wrong.

And speaking of trial memberships, I had one from Pure/IFC a couple of years ago and it was free for 14 days. Not sure if they still do that though.

Last edited by 100LL; 07-12-2009 at 05:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by PDLM:
    Yes, but you need to pass a test before you can use them, and the tests are run infrequently.
    No. If you can show the trainer at large that you are competent and knowledgeable regarding the machines in the facility, there is no need to take the test. You can begin enjoying the facilities daily thereafter. I know this because I did it. Anyone can.

Fitness First and California Fitness both have a free 7 day trial pass, and I'm sure many of the other gyms might have something similar.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast