Bowen rd track from Central

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Bowen rd track from Central

Hi All,

Wondering if you can help, trying to find a way to get to the track other than cab coming from central can anyone help? I cant work it out on the map. Is there a path that leads from Macdonald Rd?

Where exactly in Central are you trying to get from?

Do you mean from Macdonnell Road? Walk up Cotton Tree Drive, turn left on to Macdonnell Road, take path up beside tram track onto Robinson Road (i think it is - the road above Macdonnell anyway). Turn left, Bowen Road starts about 50m further on the left.

Quote Originally Posted by Beanieskis:
    take path up beside tram track onto Robinson Road (i think it is - the road above Macdonnell anyway). Turn left, Bowen Road starts about 50m further on the left.
    That would be Magazine Gap Road, not Robinson.

Do you mean from Macdonnell Road? Walk up Cotton Tree Drive, turn left on to Macdonnell Road, take path up beside tram track onto Robinson Road (i think it is - the road above Macdonnell anyway). Turn left, Bowen Road starts about 50m further on the left.
    Good description - the road you reach upon walking up the path beside the tram track is Magazine Gap Road

It's a shame the Bowen Road tram stop was removed, that used to be a great way to access Bowen Road from Central.

Quote Originally Posted by PDLM:
    That would be Magazine Gap Road, not Robinson.
    snap PDLM !!

Quote Originally Posted by Fiona in HKG:

It's a shame the Bowen Road tram stop was removed, that used to be a great way to access Bowen Road from Central.
    Although given the queues of tourists at the bottom it's probably quicker to walk!

Isn't it the case that the queue is actually to buy tickets and that if you have an Octopus card you can more or less always get straight on?

PDLM

I've only done it a couple of times but even with an octopus card i had to wait for about 2 or 3 trams to go before I could get on. I think there's a third queue for Peak residents which takes you straight to the front.

Although given the queues of tourists at the bottom it's probably quicker to walk!
    True, these days, but in the old days (gawd I'm aging myself here) there were hardly any queues! They also had conductors on board issuing tickets and the tram cars were open!

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast