Mass Gainer

Closed Thread

Mass Gainer

Hey guys, Im currently 20 years old and i weigh 135lb and around 5'8.

I am a hard gainer and i would like to buy some supplements to help me. However i do not know what is good and reliable. Does anyoen reccomend anything? If so, where can i get it from?

Thanks in advance

Pump iron, eat more 4 times a day, more protein after workout (20 grams), at least 8 hours sleep, and creatine. Most important thing to remember about creatine, its the same with roids, it only makes you more of what you are. If you eat and not work out, you will look like Jessica Simpson, not Arnold.

Last edited by shadows; 03-01-2010 at 07:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by dropdrop:
    I am a hard gainer and i would like to buy some supplements to help me. However i do not know what is good and reliable. Does anyoen reccomend anything? If so, where can i get it from?
    Beer. Works for me.

Quote Originally Posted by PDLM:
    Beer. Works for me.
    That's a ridiculously naive approach....

... You need pies as well

wow, you sound a lot like me 5 years ago.

i've never used creatine as it's really just water mass and strength gains aren't supposed to be significant using the stuff. i hear you cramp up a lot too because your muscles tend to deplete your body of water.

the best way to gain weight is to eat a lot, and work out quite regularly (stating the obvious). stay away from machines and isolation exercises (e.g. bicep curls) and do a lot of free weights/squats/deadlifts. there are various mega mass gainer protein powders around causeway bay so i'd go with one of those rather than the creatine or regular whey. and like what 'shadows' said, eat immediately after you lift.

just my 2c. if you want to put on some size, then get your carbs from a natural source. mass gainers are a very expensive form of complex carbs. much more cost effective to get a whey powder and eat it with some quick oats. even mixing it with it you should be able to drink it if you let it soak a a while.

As far as eating, seems like you have a fast metabolism, so eat, eat clean, eat often. Its a slow process but if your always increasing your poundage's every week you'l get bigger. stick to your core lifts. squat, bench, dips, deadlifts, chins. and don't train every day.

As far as creatine,it is usefull once everything is set in place and you have a good diet and training well. then its time to add creatine. You body always needs creatine and you can get it ith through natural sources. but a teaspoon post work out will go towards your next one. Remember we can only rebuild our energy (ATP) via creatine, so creatine is an essential ingredient. the more free creatine, the more free creatine phosphate. and that also enables us to use more sugar and fat as those substrates are used in order to get the C (creatine) and the P (phosphate) back together again.