Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Brown_By_Nature

cricket, IPL, You Tube

Closed Thread

cricket, IPL, You Tube

Good news.

Will be able to watch the IPL on You Tube.

Cricket online betting

Any online bettting sites for cricket , especially IPL ?
    I tried bet365, skybet etc...all restricts Hong Kong Residents..

All reputable sites will block HK Residents since gambling is illegal here (through any mechanism except the monopoly run by the HKJC).

You would need to use a proxy server to appear to be in another country, and a credit card issued by a bank and with an address in another country (preferably the same country as the proxy).

Thanks PDLM...Even in China gambling is illegal but they are allowed to open account in online betting sites. I dont' understand why only HK residents are restricted.

The streaming on youtube isn't great. There are much better streaming options out there for free, and they aren't as delayed as youtube.

Quote Originally Posted by Brown_By_Nature:
    The streaming on youtube isn't great. There are much better streaming options out there for free, and they aren't as delayed as youtube.
    Have not yet watched IPL on YouTube, but hope to do so this weekend.

I have always found YouTube to be a pain to watch in HK, always spends half its time buffering.

Could you share what the other streaming options are?

Have not tried the alternatives but You tube is just ok. Does not wait for buffering for me, but the quality is not great.

Quote Originally Posted by krypton:
    Have not tried the alternatives but You tube is just ok. Does not wait for buffering for me, but the quality is not great.
    i also find it annoying that its now available for free in the UK through ITV.