Where can one Rollerblade / Skate in HK

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

My research so far has revealed that HK does have several rollerskating rinks. There is one in Victoria Park, but this is better for practising basic stuff than for a proper skate. There is also one in the Tui Min Hoi area in Sai Kung, and one out at the Ngong Ping Tea Gardens
    Located above Po Lin Monastery on Lantau Island
    . I have no idea about what these are like, but i intend to find out. There is also a place in Taikoo Shing called Roller Rabbit Rink, but i cant find anything out about this and i think i might be for kids...

For the moment i will be working on the basics, though as soon as im not a danger to others i will be looking to organise some skate outings if anyone is interested...

Hey Guys and Girls
    Sorry, I have been absent on this forum for some time
    There is a Chinese community skating in HK, their website is: www.hkssg.org for those who read Chinese.
    In the other hand, I skate in one of the skating pool in Tai Wai, there are other of these skating pool spreaded in all Hong Kong, so I don't know them all but there are reported in the website.

We usually skate on week days and I help my girlfriend get her skills ready.
    We also skate in tolokang, the thing from Shatin to Taipo.

If you wanna organize some activity, let me know

Cool

Hi guys, I am a native HKese living in HK. I found Monkey's post when i was searching "rollerblade" over Yahoo. I guess some of you are foreigners and some of you are chinese/cantonese living or studying overseas, am i right?

Anyway, i am a inline skating lovers and is now trying to play aggressive skate.

HK is a small place but it is extremely crowdy. Lots of hills but little plains. Roads are narrow and rough. Despite that, you still can find places to skate around and enjoy.

Skating grounds/courts:
    There are many circular skating grounds in HK. They are maintained by the government and is free. However, these court are small and maybe badly maintained and usually occupied as other uses. (e.g. football, taichi)

The most popular skating grounds in HK are Victoria Park, North Point, Tai Wai, Kowloon Tsai and Mei Foo

There are 2 skating grounds at Mei Foo, one is standard circular court, one is specially built for x game. Many x gamers play there.

All parks in HK prohibit skating. However, you can skate at cycling path. There are several districts have cycling path. e.g. Tai Wei, Shatin, Tai Po. Ma On Shan, Fanling, Sheung shui, Tseug Kwan O, Yuen Long, Tuen Mun and Tin Shui Wai. The best place to get your first trial is from Shatin/TaiWai to Ma On Shan/Tai Wei as the cycling path there is well developed and very popular.

As you advanced, you can skate in other places and even on street. I mean thoses streets on the rural area like yuen long, Fanling, sheung shui, Pat Heung etc. Streets at Industrial area and extended from main road to village are prefect for skating on Sunday as the traffic is extremely low.

One thing to remind you is that pedestrain paths in HK can skate but are not good for skate, as they are made by bricks. Even they are made by concrete, they are very rough. That means, you have to skate on street together with cars.....

Yep, along the riverbank from Tai Wai/Shatin to Tai Po. It's mostly smooth, particularly near CUHK and the racecourse. It's 22km+ round trip (if I remember the signs correctly). If it's too far, you can bus/KCR is back!

It's about time I got my blades out (although it's started drizzling recently) so let me know if anyone's interested.

On the forum of hkssg, there is a trip tomo between 4 and 7. If my deductions are right, from shatin to Tai po, wait at the UA exit.
    Confirmation tomorow at 2 because of the weather..

It's the link to the post if you wana have a look (Chinese needed!)
    http://hkssg.org/forum/viewthread.php?tid=465&fpage=1

Hey are there still anybody on this thread? I'll may skate on monday or thursday on next week if somebody is interested.. We'll skate on To Lo harbour (shatin-taipo)

Quote Originally Posted by Badzoo:
    Hey are there still anybody on this thread? I'll may skate on monday or thursday on next week if somebody is interested.. We'll skate on To Lo harbour (shatin-taipo)
    Badzoo, I have posted a reply to your post on HKSSG's forum. Please read.

http://hkssg.org/forum/viewthread.ph...hlight=&page=2

I did Roller skate from Shatin/Fotan to MaOnShan onm the cycling trail and Back, Nice and flat Path, not a big difficulty.

MaOnShan have a advantage compare with Shatin to Taipo Cycling... less bicycle ==> Less risk to be hit or to hit one.
    Any way be carefull of kids even if they are on foot.

For Pratice you have a lot of skating ring auround (Some time pretty small): You have one in Victoria Park, Fotan (Not really use), Whampoa (To Small)

There is also a Skate park in Meifoo Lai Chi Koo Park & some aggressive Roller training organize on sunday 14h00 (Saw this in HK magazine aurond december)

For Lesson:
    Ymca KPP http://www.ymcahk.org.hk/kpcc/ (They have also Inline Hookey)
    At Victoria Park on the Skating Ring there is coach on friday nigth & during week end.. (Mainly cantonese speaking + Speed )

I just Google This : http://timway.com/hk/Sports/Surflike_Sports/Skating/
    A lot of usefull info.

For info on Ice Hookkey: http://www.icehockey.com.hk

Skate Well

Some basic questions:

1. Is it legal to skate on the roads in Hong Kong, such as Hennessy Road, Queens Road, or along the tram tracks?

2. For skating in Victoria Park, is it permitted to skate in the area that is usually reserved for basketball or soccer/football? The surface looks pretty smooth the last time I looked.

3. How smooth are the biking trails in the New Territories. Is it anything like the black asphalt that you see in the States?

4. Where can I buy new blades (or get new wheels)?

Thanks

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast