Where can one Rollerblade / Skate in HK

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

1-In Hk Is Illegal to do roller or cycle any where execpt limited area as Shatin cycle track our skate ring.
    I am not even sure you are authorize to skate in the cycling track...
    Any way I use to skate near my hom in Hung Hom and just did it, the issue is not if that authorize
    or not that more the runner, walker and kids: go at you own risks, watch out and train your reflex
    not to crash on some one that did not see you and move on your pass last minutes.

2-Victoria Park Skating Ring is at between the back of the Tennis booking office and the Victoria swimming pools.
    You can skate if you like on the soccer & Baskball field and who know start a new sport: baketball on Skate or
    or Soccer on skate... :-) (I heard there is tennis on skate :-)

3-Never see that as I am not from the State...
    Last time I did it the best trasil was the one between MaOnshan and Siu Lek Yuen just between the
    Jocky Club Rowing Center and City One, a long the river. (Cross the river compare with Fotan)

4-New Blade:
    There is few shop in Hk:
    - One in Langham Place MongKoK (Oncle John)
    - Ymca King Park Jordan(mainly Hokkey skate) Web site on my preview message.
    - Some sport shop also have.. like the sport house that have a few choice.

In China:
    If you go to china you can buy in Decathlon GZ or SZ:
    http://www.decathlon.com/new/en/010_...0-10_home.html
    http://www.decathlon.cn

I will advice the address for GZ & SZ store next time.

Also Check Checkersport near Victoria Park, they have a pretty good range of choice mostly speed skate but they have fitness too.

Quote Originally Posted by faguo:
    1-In Hk Is Illegal to do roller or cycle any where execpt limited area as Shatin cycle track our skate ring.
    It is perfectly legal to cycle on any public highway. What is illegal is cycling on footpaths.

Where to skate + Skate shops

About a year ago we tried to get a group together to do friday night skates.
    We generally started from Kowloon side and did trips from Prince Edward to Sai kung or to Central via Lam Tin. High Island in Sai Kung is good the road is smooth and there are some amazing hills. I am looking to get the Friday Night Skate up and going again. We are a group of Inline Hockey players mainly. If anyone wants to come along sign up on this message board http://www.smartgroups.com/groups/fnshk
    I will try to organise something for next friday in march.
    Skate Shops
    YMCA KPCC pro shop- mainly hockey skates but one set of Salomon fsk
    they sell wheels and bearings.
    GUTS last time I went it was closed but looks to have a good selection.
    The Skate Co at the Dragon Center sells some inline skates and equiptment.

Shops

Thanks alot for your great input, George. I want to check out these shops but can't really find their location in the internat. Do you have their addresses or contact numbers? Very much appreciate for your help.

The YMCA KPCC is in jordan on Gasgoine Road. Exit b2 of Jordan mtr walk towards Queen Elizabeth Hospital look for a huge climbing wall. Guts is in Langham place Level 7 shop 17.

The YMCA KPCC is in jordan on Gasgoine Road. Exit b2 of Jordan mtr walk towards Queen Elizabeth Hospital look for a huge climbing wall. Guts is in Langham place Level 7 shop 17. We will be skating this friday from Prince Edward to Central via Diamond Hill let me know if anyone is interested we start at 11:30 meeting out side exit A of Prince Edward MTR bring a helmet.

Have heard there's a very good skating area in Mei Foo.

Quote Originally Posted by Ohlala:
    Thanks alot for your great input, George. I want to check out these shops but can't really find their location in the internat. Do you have their addresses or contact numbers? Very much appreciate for your help.

The shop in Langham Place is X-Game, they have other stores in Central, TST and CWB. They sell sk8boards, blades, wakeboards, even snowboarding equipment.

http://www.xgamehk.com/
    Last edited by goofrider; 05-03-2006 at 02:27 PM.

GeorgeT - did the FNS go ahead?? If there's one on upcoming Friday - details please!
    what would reaction be of HK police of 200+ skaters creating a circular route on HK island? would they stop the traffic like the Paris police do, or just midly tolerate it as in London? Or just steam in and stop everyone's fun?!