Where can one Rollerblade / Skate in HK

Closed Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Hello From Paris,
    I am in Business trip in Paris and as I was walking around I came across the Roller Ballade in Paris starting this time in Front of the Invalide at 16h00 Sunday.
    Imagine:
    First the Police/Gendarme in Skate opening the Road
    500 Roller Skater: All ages, All Shapes
    Then the Red Cross Van, Police Van to help if any people get problem

Great... Shame I did not have my skate :-<

We still have a long way to go to match this in HK.
    Any working in the Police or Gouverment fond of skating ?
    Georges does YMCA can Help ?

Will be nice to take action to have some skate event like this every months.

Cheers

Jameso The most skaters we have ever had was 14. The best skates are on Kowloon side long and flat. MY house mate did a round the Island Skate. He did it in 3 hours but said the hills were killing. I am working through the weekend so the next skate will be friday week. I am thinking of going from TST to Mei Foo. End up in the skate park there. We have never had any problems with the police. I don't think they know what to make of us. Please let me know if you want to come along this one will start ealier 8:30 March 17. Email me george(AT)tibbettshk.com if you want to join in. I love the idea of having roads closed for a skate in HK but we need more people.

I was parisian untill last august and Skating in Paris is the best! Very good road surface, very smooth! and a huge skating community!

We have a great way before seeing that in HK, but still, we can begin to gather

500 people skating together? It would be fabulous if we could do that in Hong Kong. Something like Inline skating Marathon

The skating culture is good in North America too..roads are smooth and you can skate in every park.

Thanks guys for the shop info. A friend and I checked with The Skate Co., the rollerblade they have are for roller hockey player. That is not quite suitable for us but I have to say their service is EXCELLENT ! We didn't spend a dime in the shop but Maverick still provided lots of professional advices on choosing rollerblade and recommanded us the right shops to look for.

Geroge...what is the route like from TST to Mei Foo? Is that necessary to cross roads with traffic lights?

The Route involves road skating. We keep to the back roads (canton and back streets of Yau Ma Tei) There are some road crossings. We generally stop at large roads to allow the group to catch up and re- group. There are some empty streets in Sham Shui Po and Lai Chi Kok that are good to skate on. I am bring ing my UFS aggressive frames for the skate park in Mei Foo despite the fact it took me ten minute of teetering on the edge of a quarter pipe before dropping in.
    A friend of mine was talking about skating infront of the Standard Charterd Marathon but we thought it likely that we would be arrested. Macau is also good for skating although crossing the old bridge is terrifying.

Wheres the best place to practice the basics if you live on HK island? Practising breaking in my flat is ruining the floor....

Wink looking for terrain (off road) skates!!

hi! im looking for off road skates to buy somewhere in shenzhen or a place not that far away. my friend is coming there from europe and i would like to know if there is any shope where he can buy then,... if somebody knows,...
    thanx!!
    tjasa

Hi All,

I'm new to the forum and was pleasantly surprised to find a topic on rollerblading.

I haven't rb in HK before as I don't think the paths are that suitable and I'm very rusty so very afraid of crashing into someone/thing! A friend of mine works in Tung Chung and he goes cycling along some paths during lunch. He said they're great as it's not very crowded and very smooth - maybe I'll try to find out exactly where it is.

Faguo,
    I've seen the Parisian skaters on tv and it's just mindboggling !! Can't see that ever happening in HK!!

Would like to know of any future gatherings. Thanks!!

Bwahh, miss the skating session.. try to meet you guys.. need to fix my skate first, I loose a screw tightening the cuff on the boot
    Besides, I still have some speed skates if anyone is interested for a fast session from Shatin to Taipo?

A Shatin to Tai Po skate sounds good Badzoo. When are you going?