Where can one Rollerblade / Skate in HK

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Where can one Rollerblade / Skate in HK

I know its a bit out of fashion these days, but is there anywhere you can blade or skate in HK? Can you go in the parks or is it forbidden? Im thinking the waterfront along TST or Kowloon Park (maybe also victoria park) might be good locations, but ive a nagging feeling that you cant do anything connected with hobbies or fitness in them....

Come on! Someone must go into the parks occasionally!

You can certainly rollerblade along Bowen Road looking down over Wanchai and Causeway Bay. Many joggers, bladers, walkers along there.

Hi LM,

Victoria park do not allow rollerblading in the park or either the pathway, except the little circuit for practising. A friend of mine tried at the Happy Valley Racing Court at night, but then it is not officially permitted.

I've heard that there is a place for rollerblading in Tai Po, unfortunately I do not know the exact location. Wondering anyone can help with this information...

Here is another thread about rollerblading: http://www.geoexpat.com/forum/thread2688.html
    Seems the group is not active anymore..

Have you tried the Peak?

from that thread and the low responce to this thread i can only assume that there isnt much opportunity to skate in HK unless you are willing to travel far first

Bowen road seems the best bet. I shipped my skates over from the UK so defo plan on having a go - let me know if you fancy a skate on Bowen road one day - sat perhaps?

Only prob is that my BT's are in 'some box', 'somewhere' in storage, in Devon... so i'd need a new pair. Im defo thinkin of buying some new ones, prob innerliners this time instead of rollers but it seems there is only this one road to skate on....

That said, i reckon i could go along the waterfront in TST... Anyone know of any skate shops in HK or am i better getting them in OZ?

Kowloon side

Hi-

I live just of Ferry Street in Kowloon and a few nights a week after 9:30 pm I see a bunch of people blading from the Lai Chi Kok Rd to Ferry Street then down Canton Rd.

I assume they do it at night as there is less people around....

here's my experience:

Victoria Park : too crowded, too short
    Happy Valley racecourse : technically illegal
    Bowen Road: the path that can be skated on is too short
    Discovery Bay: tried it once on a Saturday... not advisable, too much traffic (they have extra bus services during weekends). if you're skating along the main road, some of the slopes can be daunting.
    Tai Wai to Tai Po Market KCR stations: some portions can be bumpy, but generally OK. unless you fancy skating through pedestrians, cyclists, a busy traffic junction and occasional water hoses laid across the path, i suggest you consider beginning somewhere near the last bicycle rental shop, if you're skating in the direction from Tai Wai to Tai Po.

if anyone else has discovered other "green pastures" for skating in HK, do share!

Is it allowed to skate on Black's Link? That would be a good one I'd have thought.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast