Finding a Dragon Boat team

Closed Thread

Finding a Dragon Boat team

Shamefully, I've been here for four years and still haven't Dragon Boated. (Stop... I know. I know.)

Honestly, except for the Stormies one I saw in HKMag this week, I never know where to sign up for one. Is there a listing somewhere that's evaded me?

(PS: The Stormies one didn't 'turn me on' because they responded that it was mainly married men and 20 something boys. I'm a single gal in my Dirty Thirties. Trying to avoid drama and diapers.)

hi Donnialda,

i am going to join for a for a team in the Discovery Bay race this june, there are still some places left, and we are planning to start training in early April , we are a mixed team of m/f....see if you feel interest about that...........

sonie

Sonie, share more details! Awesome

Is this a newly formed team?
    When will your practices be?
    Ex-pats/locals/ABCs?
    20-somethings? 30-somethings? 40-somethings?

Hi, I'm keen to join as well.

the team is fromed 5 yrs ago, but each yr some ppl left and so some spaces are available........it is scheduled that 2 months's training for each sunday in Discovery Bay, see if you can make it.......
    The ppl in DB is mostly ABCs and expat, and many of them also invite their friends from other districts to join, and we are ranging from 20s to 40s............

Hong Kong Island Paddle Club - A Dragon Boat and Outrigger Canoe Club

Perhaps a little more serious than you want but they do take beginners. You can also paddle outrigger which is a lot better than dragon boat and they are located in Deep Water Bay