Like Tree2Likes

Rugby Sevens 2010 in doubt

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

FYI, from my son's school.

We have suspended all outside games lessons and extra-curricular sporting activities in response to the high air pollution levels.

All ball games, skipping ropes, hoola hoops etc. are banned at this time.

We feel the children should be permitted to stretch their legs at playtimes, so are not banning outside play but children will be told not to run in the playgrounds whilst the current situation continues.

Quote Originally Posted by PDLM:
    From Northern China: Daily Backward Trajectory Map
    I never would have expected that path.
    Thanks.

dot.zen

So for all the Air Nazi's they can finally blame AND prove that it is all Beijing's fault. Not the cars, not the lorries, not even the ships - but the desert. Tears will be shed tonight at the loss of the argument to mother nature and the theme of this years 7's can be Lawrence of Arabia.

dam... stupid weather.

Quote Originally Posted by Boris:
    So for all the Air Nazi's they can finally blame AND prove that it is all Beijing's fault. Not the cars, not the lorries, not even the ships - but the desert. Tears will be shed tonight at the loss of the argument to mother nature and the theme of this years 7's can be Lawrence of Arabia.
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m_1fsB3gdIM"]YouTube- Lawrence of Arabia (soundtrack)[/ame]

Great movie if you can get a copy of the remastered wide screen version. Looks absolutely ACE on the big screen.
    Peter O'toole really is one of the UK's great actors, be it stage or screen.

Even the Air Nazi's might like him....
    Last edited by Skyhook; 23-03-2010 at 07:05 PM.

Now I'm no scientist - but I don't think it's actually the desert dust that's the problem is it? It's the dust that's created the smog cloud over HK, but it's the other pollutants that it's trapping with it that are the problem.

Does anyone know if air purifiers are worth buying? Would a modern air con unit do the same job?

Quote Originally Posted by Beanieskis:
    Now I'm no scientist - but I don't think it's actually the desert dust that's the problem is it? It's the dust that's created the smog cloud over HK, but it's the other pollutants that it's trapping with it that are the problem.

Does anyone know if air purifiers are worth buying? Would a modern air con unit do the same job?
    air con doesn't do the job

you need to get the air purifier.
    Posted via Mobile Device