Cycling Clubs

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

cycling club

as you already have your roadie here, probably best to try getting a cab/van.

will send you a PM when i get back into shape, MB we can go for a spin.

DDF[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the info DDF - will think about that cabbie thing and getting out to NT - seems crazy but maybe my only alternative to leaving my lonely bike in the box for the next couple years...jb

intro to hk mountain biking

haven't done mountain biking before and would like to try it. anywhere?

Tai Lam

Hi all,

I moved to Hong Kong not so long ago and am keen to start using my MB again. I have a 7-seater car (almost a van), enough room for 2 bikes, so transport wouldn't be a prob. only catch is that I might be too slow for some, I’m no super triathlon hero! I’m keen to start with the Tai Lam mountain bike trail, anyone interested?

Smile cycling club

The only other option I can think of for cycling clubs is to join the HK Critical Mass group on yahoo groups...
    massridehk : Critical Mass Hong Kong

... and see if you can touch base and go for a few rides with them... the CM is quite small generally, but there's a few regulars in there that you can ride with outside the CM...

My alternative for a bike is a KHS F-20r. Its c. $8k, has small wheels and folds, Tiagra brake/gear set.

Downside is the lack of stability in a standing climb.

I can take it folded on the Central-TST ferry and KCR to Tai Wo, beating the opening of the bike rental shops.

Even in a sitting climb I have taken it from Tai Wo to Fanling via Bridespool Rd (albeit more slowly than the "proper" roadies).

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2