Mountain Biking?

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Harves, I sent you a PM back.....

As a lot of interested riders are doing the hike and/or the lunch this weekend I'll postpone the organised ride until another wekeend. There's wuite a few interested people so it could be a good day out!

Enjoy the weekend.

I'll definitely be interested in future. I left my bikes in New York and I miss them so. Gonna get me a Dahon Matrix soon so I can fold it up n hop on ferries with it

hi everyone, anyone here interested in doing some downhill in Ho Pui in N.T.? I go almost every Sunday, drop me a pm~

Where is Ho Pui and how do you get to the top of the hill?

I'm in, whos avaliable this Sunday?

I'm out of town unfortunately but would definitely be interested in doing the trail another time.
    Harves- you done much riding recently?

Lammarite: We start from Tai Mo Shan near the country park and finish up at Ho Pui Tsuen in Kam Tin. We go up by hiring mini van which can take 5 ppl + 5 bikes in it. Or sometimes I drive up... Where do you live? You can join us if you don't mind to have many local kids around....hehe I'm going with a downhill cycling club almost every Sunday http://www.jetspeeder.org (sorry but the site has only chinese version at the moment...)

Harves: Sent you an email.

Is it all D/H or is there some XC as well? How long does it take?

Is this the same trail that is generally referred to as 'Ma On Shan'?

There's many routes you can choose from and some of them is linked with some xc courses in another area as well....For the one we ride most of the time.... first part is a combination of DH and XC.... Second part is a high speed course... and the last part is mostly DH.... before going into the last part... you can choose another way around which goes to the same destination but it looks more like XC than DH route... I think ppl refer it to Tai Mo Shan or Route Trisk.... The route is quite interesting but there isn't many big drop things so the best setting for this route would be from a HT to a 7" travel frame.... anything more than that is useless... Harvey will be joining us this Sunday... if you're not available this week... hope to see you in the next....hehe

Sunday Morning MTB Ride @HK Island Dragon's Back

Date: Nov 21 (Sunday)

Click below for trail description
    The Dragon's Back

Where: HK Island Shek O Country Park

When to start: 9am meet at intersection of Cape Collison Road / Shek O Road or will pick you up @8:30 at Heng Fa Chuen MTR station

Difficulty Level: Dragon's Back contour section is suitable for beginners.

Time: 1 hour round trip (offroad)

Permit: Pls apply for a free MTB permit, 5 business day turnaround
    Click below
    02- AFCD Cycling permits

You can drop a note at the Hong Kong Mountain Bike Association forum too.

How to transport full size bike on subway?
    1) Before entering the gate, take off the front wheel and carry the bike & front tire into the platform.
    2) Take either the first or last carriage to avoid the crowds

Last edited by banang; 17-11-2010 at 04:01 PM.