Do you like your personal trainer?

Closed Thread

Do you like your personal trainer?

I've searched the forums to see what people have to say about their personal trainers, but other than a few (positive) comments about Rich Clow, I haven't found much. So I ask you: If you work out with a trainer here, how's it going? Do you recommend him or her?

Particularly interested in your experience with ones who advertise on here, like Martin Wong, Ed Haynes, etc.

I'm a 30-something guy, in decent health, looking for a certified male trainer who can help me with weight training, good form and cardio. I'm not looking to join a gym -- I live in a building with one that I'd like to use for at least some sessions. Any referrals or suggestions are most welcome.

I advertise on here but most of my clients come through word of mouth, I would like to think they like me but I'm sure at times they don't

Would defy logic for someone to train with someone they didn't like.

Regards, Alix

What do you suppose a male trainer can do that an equally-qualified female trainer cannot?
    Posted via Mobile Device

just in case you are interested, i train with these guys JABMMA
    they don't train in home gyms though. been with them for quite sometime now and satisfied. look for wonks and i think you can do a trial workout

Last edited by blueagles; 12-05-2010 at 10:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dreadnought:
    What do you suppose a male trainer can do that an equally-qualified female trainer cannot?
    Posted via Mobile Device
    Spotting you if you lift heavy weights...depending on the female trainer of course. Can be a distraction I suppose... Some might be embarrassed by their lack of fitness.

Not that I would ever hire one because I personally think it's the silliest thing but if I were, it would be a man. I'm not a great believer in mixed gender and sports. Brings up too many issues(mostly for guys but sometimes for women too)

Quote Originally Posted by Dreadnought:
    Posted via Mobile Device
    Haha, it might be a little off-topic but to be fair, it has to depend on the client's training goals. I have a few male clients and their training goals are sports specific, which is something that I specilize in and they've been happy with our training. However, if a guy who wants to become a bodybuilder asks me for training sessions, I'll happily refer him to another trainer who specilizes in such area.

Then distraction or not, again, has to depend on the client (guy), right? :-)

Joey

pt

girls can get distracted too...
    joey janet and becky would distract me too- to mention but a few

Last edited by Lauraf; 16-05-2010 at 03:01 AM.

Does anyone know the going rate for personal training in HK? (say per hour). I enquired at Physical fitness and they applied their usual salesmanesque technique to come down to 420/hr from 780.

Jesus, 780 for one of their trainers? I'd say anything above $10/hr for one of the trainers at Physical is a ripoff.

Quote Originally Posted by Sunfire:
    Complete waste of money.