Def

Does anyone go to Def in Central?

I'm trying to decide if I want to move a specialized gym, versus California or Fitness First. I'm completely new to boxing, but that's something I've always been interested in. It's also been boring to keep going on the same circuits and routines...I want a change.

So can anyone give opinions on prices and friendliness to beginners? I don't think I can afford personal training atm, so hopefully the classes are good.

Gyms

The best way to decide is to watch the classes and see if they suit you, most places especially martial art/boxing places will allow a free trail lesson. I go to Pyramid wellness centre in central which has a variety of martial arts classes and a weight training area with kettlebells, this is better for me as sick of conventional gyms with 'bodybuilders' and metrosexual posers who can't fight their way out of a paper bag!

DEF is great. Good fun and lots of nice people there.

The coaches are very good. Do not worry if you have never done any boxing before as they will train you and you will probably not be the only beginner there anyway.

Boxing will definitely get you fit and you are the coaches always make sure you are kept busy and not sitting next to the water machine.

They have never tried to sell me personal training like they always do at California. For approx $800 per month it is a bargain.