Parking in Central / Wanchai?

Closed Thread

Parking in Central / Wanchai?

I recently purchased a small car and wondering if anyone knows where I can find cheap parking on a monthly basis?

I live in Wanchai, work in Central, and am looking for parking in either district or anywhere inbetween. Please help! Appreciate all the help I can get.

Thanks,
    Tracy

Where abouts in Wanchai? Fair few parking lots that offer monthly packages...

Thanks, I live on Ship Street (near Southern Playground closer to Queens Road.

I checked out Hopewell Center and Luk Kwok, but both are pricey at over $3500 per month. So, as a last resort I will do a month there once I get the car, but looking for something a little less expensive (cover is optional).

Any contact numbers or website I can check out? Most that I tried to search for are in chinese!

Thanks again,
    Tracy

http://www.wilsonparking.com.hk/carp...d=big_wan_chai

There are several others that are operated by smaller companies. Give me a few hours .. will dig up a source.

http://www.ypmap.com/en/viewer.asp?m...ce=LocationMap

Click on transportation map ... and you'll see Car Parks in the left column.

Unfortunately, parking is probably the biggest cost of owning a car in HK - you can easily burn HK$5000+ per month if you need a space at home and one at the office.

(Given superb public transport, cheap taxis and the alcohol-centricity of social life here, and absent kids to have to move around, I've never seen the point myself.)

Yep, "totally agree" that parking is probably the biggest cost of owning a car in HK. But sometimes is really cool to drive to somewhere like Saikung, beach area during weekend.

I know some car parking in wachai area is cheaper (around $1500) but I am not sure that the availability now. better check...

anyone knows why there are heaps of people doing marching on the street.
    ohhhh! boy hongkong is in trouble. why is it like that.

Er, have you considered ever reading a local newspaper or listening to the radio? The 1 July march is an annual event and hardly a surprise...